Light-O-Rama Forums

Who runs their CCRs in the rain?

gmacw

A week ago I finally got my show up & running using a CCR tree for the first time. All worked great (with the exception of one power supply) until last night.
The day prior we had some mild rain. Now one of my CCRs is only coming on for the first 12" from the controller. If I touch the ribbon sometimes the whole string will light up & then stay lit even during a sequence. still trying to figure out exactly what's going on? Just in case anyone needs to know, all controllers are on firmware VER. 1.07, on two networks (Aux A & Aux :) not in legacy mode. Controllers were protected & bone dry. Bad power suppy was too a different ribbon & the ribbon still does it when connecting to another controller.

Was wondering if anyone has this problem & also if they run there CCRs when it rains?

This doesnt appear to be a rain problem to me. The ribbon is flexible but is not meant to be moved repeatedly. Was it a windy rain? This might be covered under warranty. I suggest a ticket and see.

JBullard wrote:

I Have never shut any part of my display down for rain.

The CCRs work fine for me when raining

I too never shut down any part of my display just because of rain. As it was said before contact support and explain your problem, it may still be covered by warranty.

gmacw wrote:

If I touch the ribbon sometimes the whole string will light up & then stay lit even during a sequence. still trying to figure out exactly what's going on?

I had a ribbon doing that also...loose solder joint on the thing with 16 pins (8 per side)...

Since there was a 3 week wait for repairs and no CCR's in stock, I opened mine up and tried to fix it myself. Thought I had it fixed (was working off my tree) but when I put it back on my tree, same problem started...

will take it down again this weekend and see if I can fix it again.

Unless you HAVE to have it this season, I would open a ticket and have it repaired by LOR

ItsMeBobO wrote:

This doesnt appear to be a rain problem to me. The ribbon is flexible but is not meant to be moved repeatedly. Was it a windy rain? This might be covered under warranty. I suggest a ticket and see.

Thanks Bob. It was a very light rain, not really windy that I know of. I made the tree as Brian had suggested with two lengths of 1/4" rope & a wire goin across in five places to keep rope from twisting. Ribbons are secured to rope with 4" plastic ties only on the copper connections.
I guess I cantry to open a ticket, unfortunately they are two years old. This was the first year I took them out of the box & unrolled them to put in a show...

Rained like heck last night. No issues with the CCR's and only had one of the GFCI's pop. I reset it as soon as I noticed and the show continued.

• The topic was locked