Light-O-Rama Forums

Song not working in show...

johnmeckley

So interesting... I "created" a test show to load into the scheduler so I could run the Verifier... loaded it EXACTLY the same order/etc. as previous. Ran the verifier and Grinch showed up as "ok" ...

Now that I'm at home, I swapped in a brand new 2 GB SD card and re-created the show... the ONLY thing I've done differently is I de-selected lock-step... not sure if THAT is affecting things... I only run PC16 controllers and have used lock-step in the past and it worked ok...

So, we'll see in about 10 min or so... ROFL

Dennis Cherry wrote:

johnmeckley wrote:
Arrrrrrrrrrrgh... I am now at a near-total loss.

What giveth?!

Email sent.

New email with file sent.

As that scientist guy said: EUREKA!

Dennis is the BOMB!

I guess YOUR Audacity style is stronger than my Audacity style ... sensei! LoL

Absolutely ZERO explanation as I tried multiple times to export the song to 128 constant kbps... and yet when you looked at it, the file showed what, 320 kbps?!

Needless to say - we NOW have a "complete" 2011 show - thanks once again to all my LOR family and friends - y'all ROCK!!

So.......... thanks to the MAN (Dennis), we now have a complete show.

Keys:

- associate the PROPER .mp3 with the sequence

- make CERTAIN it is REALLY set at 128 constant-rate kbps

- USE THE VERIFIER... though if you run a show like me via an SD card and mp3 director, you need to create a "test" show and drop it into the scheduler to do that

- REFORMAT the SD card you have if you need to... just in case...

As a side note, when I was "fixing" the Grinch sequence, I shortened the fade-downs and as Dennis adroitly noticed, I forgot to "clean-up" the tail ends... to the point that the system is clearly sending a bunch of "junk" commands that potentially gum up the works (across 256 channels that can add up to a LOT of unnecessary data traveling to and fro)...

I HOPE all this helps SOMEONE some time...

B)