Light-O-Rama Forums

1 CCR, 3 arches?

vincerules

Has anyone done this? I currently have 2 CCR's, each made into 2 arches. My wife says they are too big, and suggests making them into 3 arches each. I told her I would look into it for next year. Has anyone done this?

I wonder how much the grey pvc pipe can bend without breaking. I'm going to play around with the pipe after this season is over, but just thought I would throw it out there in case someone has already done it.

I think if you went from 3/4 inch to 1/2 inch grey pvc it would bend as tight as you need it to. The CCR might be an issue though. You'll need to be real careful not to cinch the zip ties too snug.

I have 2 CCR forming 6 arches. Each arch is about 21 inches high. Each 1/2" PVC pipe is 65.5 inches long. My 6 arches span 21 ft. across my front yard. Programming is a bit more difficult beacuse the pixels don't divide evenly. But, it all looks good when it is done.

gr8tadventure wrote:

I have 2 CCR forming 6 arches. Each arch is about 21 inches high. Each 1/2" PVC pipe is 65.5 inches long. My 6 arches span 21 ft. across my front yard. Programming is a bit more difficult beacuse the pixels don't divide evenly. But, it all looks good when it is done.

Would love to see some video of this, if you have any.

I didnt think of the math until you brought it up... now thinking maybe each arch could have 16 pixels and the "extra" 2 pixels could be between the arches. Would have to make sure you remember that while programming, like you said, but seems like a good idea.

Thanks for the measurements!

• The topic was locked