Light-O-Rama Forums

Please could someone finish this tricky sequence for me!?

Guest guest

I am struggling with the final four minutes of TSO's Cannon, I am running out of time and I am a slow sequencer as this is my first year and ive only had the software 1 month ish, if I sent the song, the file and my channel layout, could someone finish it for me please!?

Merry Christmas

Karl:waycool::tree:

Not to be a wet blanket, but even 'sequence masters' take hours and hours to come up with something like this. Are you really asking for someone to custom-sequence 4 minutes out of a 4:18 song?

You don't say how many channels you have, but a very simple sequence could take 5-10 hours. A much more complex one could take 50 or more... That's a lot to ask someone to do for you...

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying if you find someone to do that kind of work for you, then I have a few sequences I'd like added to my own display :).

Is this your only sequence? If so, you might want to go animated but not musical this year, and spend all of next year sequencing.

Good Luck,

-Tim

My TSO mp3 is 5 minutes long, I have done 1:10 secs of it! So that leaves 4 mins. I have 16 channels.

I have a few sequences to music but this 1 would be the fairy on top of the tree!

captainkarl wrote:

Im finding it to hard using other peoples, I need an LOR sequence master to finish it for my big opening! Id be grateful!

Karl

Karl,

It is immensely difficult to sequence for someone else's light set up. The reasons are too numerous to list but are significant.

The bulk of time spent is with sequencing the beat and the main events in a song. There are some excellent shared sequences out there. Your best course of action at this time is adaptation of a shared sequence. Even if it is not spot on most people will be wowed by it nonetheless.

Adapting sequences to your setup can be done in many ways. There is not a single best way. The important thing is to be systematic, thorough and have some vision of what you want in the end.

If you could provide more details we could help more. How many channels do you have? (answered before I posted) Do you have an animation screen of your current setup?

Sure no problem send me what you have and I will be more than happy to make something for you. Will try to have it for your show tomorrow. Make sure you tell me what each channel is when you send the info. Send it to my email. Always willing to help someone in need.

People have been asking me for a copy of my sequences as well. I don't mind, but I just cant see how they use my sequences in their own displays.

I can almost understand 'seeing' another sequence to get ideas for the same song.

Anyway - a 4-5 minute song could take more than ten hours of work for me!

Sorry, I don't have that kind of time this late into the season...

Robin - You really need to ease up.

John Pidliskey wrote:

Robin - You really need to ease up.

Out of hiding aswell.

That is one of the nicest comments I have seen Robin make in awhile. Kudos..

I have 2 songs done if you would like to see them, and mabye use them let me know.

Thanks

Roman

Thats how i have had to accomplish all my sequences this year because of my late entry into this musical christmas world. I downloaded them from lorsequences.com and modified them the best and fastest i could to fit my display. Several of them have turned out quite well if i dont say so myself. Thanks again for the guys or guy over at lorsequences.com, without them it would have been a disapointing christmas light show.

I did quite a bit of work on that song a few weeks ago to get it down to 2:16 - If you used this version you would not have sequence so much of it (and I think over 5 mins might be a little long for a 16 channel light show).

I sent you a PM with the link.

Anybody can PM if they want this edited version.

http://www.barncow.com/flash/player.swf?file=http://www.barncow.com/christmas/music/canon-edit.mp3&autoplay=0&but=11111&bg=3&ff=15

Use a light flurries to fill in slow parts of the song. I can't believe the reactions I get from that little mirror ball. I could have saved a ton of time/money and just set 5 of them around my house.