Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange channel flashing during sequence

progressivetek

Funny, i'm having a similar issue on a fade at the end of a sequence. I'm using my 4th LOR unit (had it at the old house, never go around to using it). I am going to try a lot of the suggestions listed here and see if it's related to the cat5 cable's position...etc. The one thing when i notice it-- i have my strobes in my mega turned on, while the house is doing a long fade. Not sure if the strobes are related-- they're on at 100% the whole time.

Colin

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• progressivetek

• hankp123

• bob

• thevikester

yes i do have t plugs running multiple controllers,
not sure how to change it out though, unless i go buy some power strips, i will try that sunday. thanks for the tip

DSolmes wrote:

I just want to clarify:
1. You have LED's
2. You are getting wierd flickering

Do you have multiple controllers runing off from a T plug where the random issues are occuring. I had a similar problem with a frequency backfeeding from one box to the other and then trigering lights.

Yes to the LEDs (mixed with incan's on the one channel)

On this channel you could almost call it 'stuttering' fade-up/downs

One channel running the tee plug

DSolmes wrote:

I just want to clarify:
1. You have LED's
2. You are getting wierd flickering

Do you have multiple controllers runing off from a T plug where the random issues are occuring. I had a similar problem with a frequency backfeeding from one box to the other and then trigering lights.

Did you mean the power to the controllers? I have two circuits driving 3 boxes. 1 driving one box and 1 driving two boxes through a tee. How would I seperate them?

For those having the random flashes. Do you power your controllers off at night or leave them powered? IF you leave them powered, have you detected flashing on channels when your show is OFF?

I have another thread started, where I am getting the exact same channels (4) flashing on a controller while the show is running and also when the show is not.

The flashing is sporadic at times every few seconds, at times every 15-30 seconds, it stops for a while then starts again. I ensure meticulous routing of power and comms cords. I thought a reset on the controller cured the issue till tonight when it started up again.

The confusing thing is it is happening AFTER the show is finished as well as periodically during the show. This is a 1602W unit and one of my oldest as well.

Its only channels 12-15 on that controller. I use ELLs and this one controller is in a cluster of controllers that are hard wired between them, but the comms comes from an ELL.

zman wrote:

For those having the random flashes. Do you power your controllers off at night or leave them powered? IF you leave them powered, have you detected flashing on channels when your show is OFF?

I have another thread started, where I am getting the exact same channels (4) flashing on a controller while the show is running and also when the show is not.

The flashing is sporadic at times every few seconds, at times every 15-30 seconds, it stops for a while then starts again. I ensure meticulous routing of power and comms cords. I thought a reset on the controller cured the issue till tonight when it started up again.

The confusing thing is it is happening AFTER the show is finished as well as periodically during the show. This is a 1602W unit and one of my oldest as well.

Its only channels 12-15 on that controller. I use ELLs and this one controller is in a cluster of controllers that are hard wired between them, but the comms comes from an ELL.

Controllers are powered all the time. I have not noticed any channels triggered after the show, it stays dark. I did reset the controllers last night when I re-configured the power supply to the controllers and the stuttering fades and channel flashing continued... I think I am running the 1602Ws also (purchased 4 years ago from Planet Christmas) but my comms are all hard wired Cat 5 via USB converter.

You may experience with power strips. I was having weird issues then I removed the T and pluged directly to the outlet and problem solved. This was discussed in an earlier thread from2007. The led lights have a frequency they generate that can back feed through the power cord of the controller through the t and into the other controller causing very weired triggers. You could try putting a long extension cord between the contollers and the t.