Light-O-Rama Forums

Just thinking for future reference

Guest guest

I was just thinking here a little bit and wanted to ask for future reference. If I am currently on my CTB-08D applying lots of amps to a channel will it wear out this channel quicker than the others or would it be ok if the large amount of amps are only on for split seconds or not even on at all sometimes? I just thought I would ask this so I make sure I don't burn up the board before I get more.. I want to try hard to get some here soon.. since I'll hopefully have some extra money to do so. thanks for your help everyone!

Im a total newb... so use my info carfully, im sure the Triacs can handle the amps they are rated (8 amps on that board) for with proper heat sink...

what all are you putting on that one chanle? how many ligths?

The triacs have a higher rating than 8 amps. You'll most likely blow a fuse, or otherwise damage the board, before you do damage to a triac. (Though, in some situations the spike is to quick, and so great that you will blow one.)

On One Channel I have about 6 Sets of C7 Lights which is about 7 AMPS total if I figured it correctly. All other channels have about 10 sets of 100 Count Mini's which is close to about 3 amps per channel, but most of the time the lights are not on all at once or if they are for a very short amount of time. I am hoping that Next year I will have atleast 80 LOR channels so I should not have to worry about burning up a board or anything I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't damage my 8 channel one which is the only one ive got so far.