Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights Can Be Heard Lighting In Audio

Jim Kitts

Can anyone tell me why or explain how I am all of a sudden hearing my lights turning on and off in all the songs and in between songs? I'm going out of my mind trying to resolve this issue. I went to Radio Shack today and purchased a noise reducer, but still the problem persists. Seriously lost and confused with this. HELP!!!!

Are you using a radio transmitter? Or is it a seperate audio amplifier? any case try lifting the ground this "MIGHT" eliminate any buzz you have in your audio.

Thanks. My audio is coming from my pc and being sent to my FM transmitter (Eclipse 4000)which is located at the other end of the house, far from my computer. This just started earlier today. I've been trouble shooting all day. Went to Radio Shack and purchased an Audio System Ground Loop Isolater, but am still having the problem. We did get a bit of rain here yesterday which caused me to shut my show down last night, and high winds along with it. Any chance it could be caused from any lines that may be wet? Living here in Wisconsin, I do cover and wrap all my cords, and the contollers are kept enclosed. The hum and the static noise when the lights are powering up and shutting off is not normal. I'm lost at this point.

Jim Kitts wrote:

Thanks. My audio is coming from my pc and being sent to my FM transmitter (Eclipse 4000)which is located at the other end of the house, far from my computer. This just started earlier today. I've been trouble shooting all day. Went to Radio Shack and purchased an Audio System Ground Loop Isolater, but am still having the problem. We did get a bit of rain here yesterday which caused me to shut my show down last night, and high winds along with it. Any chance it could be caused from any lines that may be wet? Living here in Wisconsin, I do cover and wrap all my cords, and the contollers are kept enclosed. The hum and the static noise when the lights are powering up and shutting off is not normal. I'm lost at this point.

Meaning wrap the plugs and such?

Are you using GFCI receptacles or breakers?

I wonder if the noise would stop if you powered the transmitter from a battery?

Yes, wrap the plugs and such. As for the noise, it just started today. I've been running my shows since Thanksgiving night without a problem (except for 2 rain cancels). This really has me puzzled and frazzeled.

Are you powering the FM transmitter from the same circuit as the controllers? If so I agree try to use batteries and see if it still has noise. The way the LOR controllers turn the circuits on and off during the show can cause noise on the power lines which can be conducted through other devices powered within the house.