Light-O-Rama Forums

SC485 or USB485B needed ASAP!

DocBrown86

I seemed to have screwed up bad. I ordered the iDMX1000 unit and got it this past Thursday. Like a fool, I overlooked that I needed an SC485 or an USB485B to run it....
I wanted to have my show running last night (Friday), but that didn't happen. I looked these parts up on the website and it says 1-2 weeks to ship! I can't wait that long. I tried to make one out of a 9-pin cord and attached a cat5 to it, but I later read there is a chip inside the adapter.

Does anyone know of somewhere or someone that I could buy this from and have it ship out same day(Monday), with overnight shipping!? I am really hoping I can get one of these (preferably the USB one) by Tuesday. I will pay a little more if I have to, its driving me crazy having the programming done, lights up...and seeing nothing but darkness.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!!

Really, you should order from LOR, it may say one to two weeks but for stuff that doesnt need assembly, they get them out pretty wuick.. LOR is kinda swamped but have you tried calling them to place an order, offering $$ for expedited shipping? Just an idea.

I am in the Quad City area. I had contacted them and gotten a "support ticket", to which the response was it would ship out by today (Tuesday), but I never received a shipping notification, so I'm guessing it never shipped out. This is beyond frustrating.

No need to be. I ordered one on Monday Nov 14, didn't get a shipping notice until Thursday Nov 17, the same day I received it.

It shipped today, only 1 day off, could be worse. I'll have it by Friday! I hope everything I did so far is right so my show runs :-P