Light-O-Rama Forums

Adding in things during the season

beeiilll

Well I had a tough night last night and couldn't sleep. So I was tinkering around in my basement workshop and looked up at the 20 foot arch I built 2 years ago and thought "What the heck, I need to get that baby out there and use it!".

So I just finished setting it up in the display and hooking up the controllers for it. I have 32 segments on it (16 blue and 16 white LEDs) to run with. Looks pretty cool setting out there.

Now all I have to do is make up some sequence workings for some of the songs I have and it should be good to go! Yea, right. Sometimes wonder how things like this don't drive people nuts but then again since I am already pretty much there I guess it doesn't matter.

Well I guess I better get busy and see what I can come up with for arch sequencing for at least a few songs over the next few days!

Bill

I have done this before. I have done testing with/for things planned for the next year 'after hours', but not actually left the item in the display.

I have from time to time loaded a sequence I am working on after hours and went outside to check it out.

My life would be soooo much easier if I was able to leave "well enough alone"...

But I can't....

so my life is hectic and stressed...

No ones fault but my own... :P

I have a firm rule.. Once my display is up, I will NOT change anything after January 6th! Until then.. from Lights On until I strike everything on the 6th, anything is fair game :P The show has been going a week already, yesterday, Diane and I added nine (single channel) mini arches and eight mini candycanes.. today she added a Countdown to Christmas sign in the yard.. she wants two larger arches behind the four medium arches.. and a Mega arch over the driveway.. and I still have to hang the iciles and lay out the lawn lights.. but rain's the forecast the next couple days and temps in the 60's.

Attached files 288459=15963-2011-12-03_14-24-07_201.jpg

I'm working on my 7ft spiral tree. It's almost together. Now I just have to find more lights. Might have it ready to light up next weekend.

Another special shout out to Bhewson for the awesome instructions!

TJ....the mini arches....do they leap like the big ones as well?

I'm going to add those mini candy canes next year too.

I've already got a full "To Do" list for next year.

Right now I have the nine, 100ct single string(spread out) mini arches plugged into the 8-channel midi arch channels 2 & 6 so they mirror the midi's.. next week I'm either adding two more wraps (for three) per mini arch.. or changing the single-wrap mirrored mini arches to four-sleeve mini's so they'd mirror channels 2, 4, 6 & 8 of the midi's... keeping them the same general length or height...

UAL hasn't needed me for a couple of days so I built this. 9 feet tall 9 feet wide using all of the hat. My wife woke up a couple days ago after watching some new videos you all have posted and directed me to the garage. Sometimes I wish I didn't have among my much collected and precious stuff, steel round bar, a welder, and 2 old incandescent 150' spools of rope lights sitting in the attic, and 8 empty channels on the roof. Most of the time I am glad I have it. Programming is initially difficult. Can't believe how many times I have moved my mouth during the build trying to figure out what I wanted it to look like. My wife is the programmer and is way better than I could ever be with the show. After all, our entire Christmas display is her hobby. We build and add all year, every year.

Overdoing it, 2011

I'm at the point of finally being almost done for the year - whatever that means... added a bunch of fans down the driveway and across the neighbor's yard this weekend. Had to go buy more extension cords. Used up almost all my channels now... trying to figure out how to break it to Sharon that I need more...

I finally figured out about putting the controllers AT the props, rather than in the garage and running umpteen-million feet of cord to the lights.. a bunch of heavy extensions to power the controllers, then a couple cases of 6' & 12' extensions and SPT1 and 2 to.. each minitree & megatree color, arch sleeve and roof Superstring.. that way, I can add just about anything and use smaller cords to them.. makes adding new pieces easier..