Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB fixtures not showing up

petek157

Hello,

I am in the middle of my first visualizer setup. I have all of the fixtures drawn and referenced to my sequence. All of the normal channels work when playing on the visualizer perfect but the RGB fixtures are not playing.

Any thoughts???

Thanks,
Pete

Not sure. If ya want you can post your visualizer file or send it in email and we can take a look.

Your visualizer file and a simple sequence could be helpful in trying to figure out the problem.

Are you sure there are three RGB channels assigned to the RGB props/fixtures in the visualizer?

Are you sure there are lighting commands for the RGB channels in the sequence you are playing?

Here are the two files. This is my first attempt at sequencing so no laughing.lol This is my intro to the show so not too much action going on. Let me know if you guys find the issue.

I hope these are the proper files. If not let me know and I will send different ones.

Thanks,
Pete

Attached files xmasvacintro.lms

You have it in the visualizer, but I think your problem is the background is WHITE and will not allow White to be shown.

Here is what you need to do.

On the visualizer screen, in the upper right hand corner is a slider and is possibly all the way to the right. This is the daytime position. Now move the slider to the left and the background will get darker simulating night time, once black then Click on Play and start your sequence.

Now you might find out you have duplicate images for each color, you can eliminate them as you only need one image and it will do RGB for each device.

Sorry that didn't work. I turn the background to dark and everything still works except the RGB. I think that I am going to delete them and try re-entering them. If anyone thinks of anything else in the mean time let me know.

Thanks,
Pete

petek157 wrote:

Sorry that didn't work. I turn the background to dark and everything still works except the RGB. I think that I am going to delete them and try re-entering them. If anyone thinks of anything else in the mean time let me know.

Thanks,
Pete

The RGB dose not come on until 2 minutes into the sequence. Did you wait that long?

Yes I did. I am not sure what I did, but it has started working now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks again,
Pete

• 3 months later...

I too am having a similar problem with the visualizer.
I tried inserting a CCR....first.. that did't work.
then I tried doing an RGB that didn't work either.
All the other regular single color light strands work.

Are RGB and CCR disabled in the trial version of the software?

I think I found the answer...

I had two controllers already setup

Controller 1 and 2 were controlling regular light...
then I added the CCR as Controller 3.

the visualizer didn't like this... so I changed the other controllers to controller 2 and 3... and the CCR to 1. then it worked.....

WHY IS THIS.... it shouldn't really matter right?

It seems that the visualizer I am using doesn't like more than 2 controllers.

even when I added a regular sting a lights to a 3rd controller it doesn't work.

Is there a limitation for this on the trial version of the sofware?

Hopefully the march sale will be coming up soon, and I can buy a controller and the software.

I did manage a way to work around it.

Since the CCR only uses 157 channels, I assigned 1 CCR as controller 1 and 2nd CCR as controller 2

then I assigned the other regular LOR channels as 201-216 on controller 1 and 201-216 on Controller 2

I know that this will NOT work in the real world... but it works fine in the demo version of the visualizer/sequencer. so I can play with CCRs and regular light until I get the real version of the software