Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR REPAIR...HELP!!

jimswinder

I have a CCR that is half "always on (white)"... I have experience with soldering and fixing solder points, but just a quick question... would the solder point that is causing the problem be in the 3LED section before it, or could it be anywhere along the entire length of the ribbon? (I ask because I have pressed down, and slightly bent the parts of the ribbon where it starts to go white, with no success)

Well on a positive note:
I had to hard reset both controllers once.
One controller twice.
Redetect controllers twice, using hardware utility.
But both CCR's cable tied to 1/2" grey electrical conduit made onto 16' arches have been working flawlessly every night for three weeks now.
Bottom line, don't give up. When working as you intend, they look fantastic.

Good news! Ok, so one of my ribbons (as an arch), 1/3 of the ribbon would stay on anytime the power was on. I fiddled with that thing for a couple of hours last week and could not get it to work, so i covered up the arch with the bad section with black electrical and duct tape last week. The display ran that way (with the arch always on, but obscured by the tape) from Tuesday thru Saturday, and then all of the sudden, when I fired up the show on Sunday, it was working! We (carefully!) took off the tape and the arch behaved flawlessly the entire night.

Still awaiting the arrival of the replacement ribbon, but for the time being, we're running 100%.

OUTSTANDING LOR Customer Service! I just received the replacement CCR (Ribbon only) I ordered just last Monday!

Since my display is (currently) working fine (knock on wood), I will be holding on to this for my spare.

Thanks LOR!

• The topic was locked