Light-O-Rama Forums

Is there an easy way to get the scheduler to play an entire show and then stop?

Kyle Whitaker

In the past the only way I could figure out how to do it is to schedule the show for the (nearly) exact time that the show lasts so that it would play in it's entirety but not loop back and start over.

One method would be to create an "all off" animation sequence, and place it at the end of your chosen musical sequences.

So, using the Show Editor, in the Musical tab, you would have:
Song1
Song2
(and so on)
AllOffAnimation

It's important that you place this animation sequence in the *musical* tab.

So, for this example, let's say your songs are 12m 42s long. Your AllOffAnimation sequence is 30 minutes.

When scheduling the shows you now can schedule them in 30 minute blocks (for ease of scheduling) and rest easy knowing the songs will play only once.

I guess as for future enhancements I should ask for an event to stop show after cycling through the songs.

Put all of your sequences in the Startup section of the Show Editor. They'll play through once and the show stops.

WhitePlainsNY wrote:

Put all of your sequences in the Startup section of the Show Editor. They'll play through once and the show stops.
that would work

• 10 months later...

I have 2 show that I want to start alternating every half hour. How would I do that so they start right on time. My Version of LOR does not include the start-up or shut down tabs. Is there a way to do that without counting every second of each show? Thanks Rob

Take my post from above, but make it an 'All-On' command. Make sure the Animation is longer than 30 minutes, and is placed in the Musical tab.

At the next 1/2 hour, the animation sequence will stop, thus ending that show, and the next show will begin.

Hey don just one quick question. I'm not in front of my computer right now. But what do you mean by making it an "all on" command. Do I started it as a new sequence under animation. Make the sequence 30 minutes long and turn all the lights on. excuse me for my dumbness. Lol! Rob

No worries. I was probably doing 4 things at once last night. Yes, you would create an animation sequence with all the lights on, and put that in the musical tab. Make sure the animation sequence is longer than the amount of time you need it to be. Otherwise, that sequence will end before the show is over, and the musical sequences would start up again.

Im assuming that this will leave all the lights on until the next show starts. Is there anyway to have them be off or atleast just a handfull of lights be on. I just dont want to show all the light while cars are pulling in/leaving. I want to keep them a surprise.

Whatever you program into that animation sequence is going to be shown. You would be the one to decide right there if you want all channels on, or just some of the channels/lights.

Thanks for your fast replies. Once Halloween is done for tonight I'm going to sit down and try to figure this out. I'm sure everything will be clear once I have the computer in front of me. Thanks Rob

Ok, just one more thing after I arrange my songs and "all on" sequence in the show editor. lets say my sequenced show is 27 miuntes long. My "all on" sequence is 31minutes. Now in the shows scheduler, I would save the show to run from 6 to 6:30? Correct?

Ok, just one more thing after I arrange my songs and "all on" sequence in the show editor. lets say my sequenced show is 27 miuntes long. My "all on" sequence is 31minutes. Now in the shows scheduler, I would save the show to run from 6 to 6:30? Correct?

Yes.

Remember (and for everyone else, too) the software will stop an animation sequence at the end of a show, right then and there. If you are in the middle of a musical sequence, it will continue to play the sequence, then end the show.

Ohh ok, that must be what im doing wrong!!! So really if I want my show to run 30minutes. I have 27 min of sequenced music. Then I can make the last "animation" sequence 5minutes and that will be more then enough to stop it from repeating.

Ohh ok, that must be what im doing wrong!!! So really if I want my show to run 30minutes. I have 27 min of sequenced music. Then I can make the last "animation" sequence 5minutes and that will be more then enough to stop it from repeating.

Correct, but put that animation in the musical tab and NOT the animation tab.

Gosh that was easy! Thanks so much. I was pulling my hair out last night, now tonight I'm more excited then ever to get it set-up. Now that Halloween is done its offically Christmas season!

Kinda off topic but I did have an update pop up with the show was running which made the show skip afew times. Is there anything I can do to prevent updates and/or pop ups during my show? Again thanks so much for that help. Was such a small thing that I was missing, But would not been able to figure out on my own. Rob

Kinda off topic but I did have an update pop up with the show was running which made the show skip afew times. Is there anything I can do to prevent updates and/or pop ups during my show? Again thanks so much for that help. Was such a small thing that I was missing, But would not been able to figure out on my own. Rob

On Windows 7 - Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change Settings. If it's me, I go with "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them"

Vista/XP - I forget where it's at.

However, doing that will prevent the updates from installing until you choose to do so.