Light-O-Rama Forums

Encrypted Files

Ohio Countryboy

I purchased the residental starter pack. Although I have not recieved my controller, I have been trying to get a jump start on my sequences. I installed the "basic" version on two computers, #1 to create the sequences and #2 a dedicated pc to the controls. When I create or edit sequences on #1 and copy to #2, they cannot be read. On the flip side, if I create a sequence on #2 and Copy it to #1, it can be read. I don't understand what is going on. Both are registered versions and I have never used the DEMO version on either computer, plus I am sure to copy them in the correct folder. Why is #1 encrypting my sequences?

Thanks,
Steve

P.S. The error message I get on PC #2 is "Error Loading Sequence""Cannot open file C:Light-O-RamaSequencesfilename.lms:(

That doesn't sound to me like it has anything to do with encryption.

How are you trying to open it? For example, from "Existing Sequences"? Or "Recent Sequences"? Or by double-clicking on it in Windows Explorer?

I have tried both. Recent files have nothing listed and existing files have all sequences listed, but will not open on computer #2.

How are you moving the files? Over a network? by Flash Drive?

I'd consider creating a very short sequence using the same song and just a few ON and OFFs on the same channel. Do it on each computer. Then open the files in NotePad to see if they are actually different.

I am moving files with a thumb drive, but I think I have found my problem. PC #1 defaulted sequence files to My Documents. When I installed on PC #2, I installed sequence files to C:. Once I moved the files to My Documents on #2, I was able to access the files. I had to find the media file, but that was pretty simple.

Thanks so much for your help!