Light-O-Rama Forums

Song cuts off at end inexplicably

Army Lights

So, I'm using the THX Broken Robot thing for my intro and I'm having a problem:

The song is about 44 seconds long, but it cuts off consistently at 35.5 seconds. Here's what I've done so far:

1. I ensured I used the "Change Total Time" tool to set it at 44 seconds (I've even tried much longer than that).

2. I listened to the song file itself, and it certainly goes the full 44 seconds.

3. I've received another copy of the song from someone else who is having no problems with their show, so I do not think it is the song version, or anything is wrong with the file.

4. I created a completely new file with no sequencing, set the song file, and played it. Again, it cuts off at the same point.

Any ideas?!? I appreciate the help everyone!

Chris

Try this.

Create a new sequence and add the audio track. Do not add any sequencing.
Play and track all the way thru. Does it play all the way?
If so, copy and paste all the sequencing from the old sequence to the new and try to play it again.
Does it still play?

As we all here try to tell everyone with audio problems, you should use Audacity to run the audio file through. Sometimes downloads have a problem and change something in the file.

Import the audio into Audacity and then export is back to a new filename and try it.

Dennis,

Ran it through Audacity. It did not help. Looking at the old file, it was already at 128, but figured running it through again couldn't hurt. It still cuts off at the same point in the song.

Any other ideas? Thanks!

Chris

I had an audio file that behaved that way. It would play fine in the Windows Media player. I ran it through Audacity, created a new mp3 file and created a new sequence but it still would not play till the end.

As an experiment I changed the total time of the sequence to match that of the mp3 and it ran just fine. I decided not to argue with success...

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. I had actually tried this before to no avail. Because I'm willing to try anything at this point, I tried it again. Still, the song cuts off at 35.5 seconds. It makes no sense whatsoever. The song plays perfectly fine in itunes or media player. I'm completely perplexed. It's like there is some small glitch at 35.5 seconds in the song that causes Light-O-Rama to kick off. Ergh.

Chris

Hey guys, I have no idea what I really did, but it's fixed. As Tom B. said, I'm not going to argue with success.

I ended up re-downloading the "known to be good" song I received from a fellow light-o-rama'er. I re-attached it to the song, and voila!

I sure love doing this stuff, but sometimes I think it's going to land me in the looney bin or the poor-house....or both!

Thanks a ton for all the help!

Chris