Light-O-Rama Forums

Edit / Change total time - multi track?

robandwend

In LOR3 When you reduce the total time (edit/change total time) for a sequence, I note that only the time for the current track is reduced - all other tracks remain at the old length. For me with 10+ tracks this is a pain - I have to click on each one and change it. Is there some use for having one track a different length than all the others?. I thought (but may be wrong) in LOR2 change-total-time changed the time for everything in the sequence. Thanks

Animation sequences and musical sequences play differently with this since somewhere in the 2.x series.

For an animation sequence, you can have one group of items looping on a 30 second interval, something else on a 50 second interval, and yet another one at 70 seconds, and have a somewhat random appearance between the elements, all in a single sequence file.

Musical sequences should still change all tracks at the same time when changing track length, as all tracks relate to the same media file.

Loop levels can be added to each track individually. With a track that doesn't have loop levels selected, go to "Edit" and then "Turn on Loops".

Please note that sharing a channel between two or more tracks is not recommended unless those tracks are of the same length and do not have loops.

Thanks, thats great info, and of course make total sense now.

I still think it would be nice to be able to change the track lenght of all tracks at once. But I can't really complain since I've only got a couple of animated tracks.

Normally I don't bother with any none audio sequences, as I just put the amplifier on a timer and let the music-sequences play with no sound after 10:30PM.

This year I've added a couple more speakers locations (and more amplifiers) so I decided to do an animated track to avoid the timers.

Thanks again.

Lights going officially live tonight (lots of test runs over the last few days).

If I am doing an animation that is not to be played in parallel with a musical file, I just use a blank audio file any more, so I don't have to worry about out of sync track lengths. Usually they are against my full channel config. The few that do run in parallel with the musical ones, usually only have a few channels.