Light-O-Rama Forums

need sequences

nivek

Oh and on a side note, Nivek. I am sorry for Ninjaing your thread ;) if you have any questions or need any help, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ultamitking73

• ToddH

• nivek

• shfr26

Yes very true to all that commented I will watch what I say or post now that you explained the comment there ToddH I guess I should have put 20+ but it doesn't matter I know we all work hard on these displays and it only matters to the "passerbyers" what it looks like We are all a seperate family from the world we share we work on our creativity and our sequences together I'm no young chicken but at the same time I'm not quite over the hill as they say but I consider myself as an old fart to ooops LAZY OLD FART to lol I was lost when I first started just like everyone here and we have all bonded in our own ways to help each other not even going to comment on what the others have said because not worth it and lets just say "water under the bridge" thanx EVERYONE for "straightening me out lolololololol I need a smack on the hands every once in awhile

Todd,

I agree with your reaction in your first post (#2)

Every one seems to assume that the original poster was a newbie that needed some sequences so that he would have something to use with his controllers. Really ? Where did the original poster say he was a newbie? He had just joined the forum, but...... let's look at what he said....

He has 32 channels.

Using S2 - which hasn't been sold since Oct 14

How long has he been a LOR user? How long has he had the software and hardware?

Said he already has sequences.... Where did they come from?

Said he wants MORE sequences.... Not just MORE sequences, but wants MORE sequences complete with the copyrighted audio music files.

He never made a newbie post requesting help with hardware, never made a post requesting help with the software ............

His first post on the forum was a GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE.

Todd, your reaction was the same as a lot of us had. I believe in "teaching (helping) someone to learn how to fish", I do not believe in someone on first "meeting" asking me to just give them my fish, because they just want more fish, and do not want to put any effort into catching their own.

OK, getting off of my soap box again.

nivek wrote:

thanks so much to everyone that came to my defence i sure appreciate it all!!! So sorry to the ones i pissed off on here!!!! Im new to this and have not had time to sit and really browse all sites!!! if ya look at when i joined this forum you would see i just started, kinda hard to help others when i need help also, kinda like open mouth insert foot, but i will get this some time and try to help others like me sometime! Everyone i tried downloading then uploading music as well as failed, so thought i would have better luck finding the complete sequences and music in one!!

thanks again nivek
Read this. It will take so of the edge off.

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=29032&forum_id=81&jump_to=288318#p288318

shfr26 wrote:

Lets just let this go for now.  Toddh did say he was sorry, and was wrong for saying what he did .  Everybody helps when they can, so lets go on to something else.

I agree

George Simmons wrote:

Ultamitking73 wrote:
not to many people on getting their questions answered...
all the "so called pro's" wait til the last minute to ask for sequences because they are to lazy
the true troopers who have helped alot of people in the last 2 weeks just so they can get their shows up and running instead of starting earlier and making sure you have everything you need for the season

I agree with the poster who asked you to provide even one example of anyone (other than you, as I peer into my crystal ball) not getting their question answered.  You don't know what you're talking about.

I'm also waiting to see any of the "so called pros" begging sequences, much less waiting until the last minute to do so.  Too lazy?  And just where do you think all the free sequences that people download come from - newbies?  Again, you don't know what you're taslking about.

True troopers?  You're using a two-week sample to proclaim your intelligence on the matter?  Well, big boy, since you've been around here for almost an entire year now, did you happen to notice who it has been all year long who has been answering questions?  When they actually get answered, that is...  Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

And where is it written, except in your moronic mind, that it's the responsibility of us old farts to make sure "you have everything you need for the season"?  Would you like us to come over and plug in your extension cords, too?  Water your plants?  Let the cat out, maybe?  Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the reason so many of us are absent from the forum this time of year is precisely because we agree with what Todd had to say?

I hate to say it george but this was the first time trying to "quote someone elses post i never had to do that in the year i've been here so it looked like i wrote those at the begining of your gripe you might want to scroll up to see who wrote those first lol

ToddH wrote:

Let me 1st off state that Ultkingamabob whatever,

I’m sorry that my rant if you want to call it that triggered you to call names and be so insulting in your comments, do you need a hug? I need a hug, ok GROUP HUG!!!!

Anyway this thread is dead, no more bashing. it’s clear that things were taken out of context, emotions are high because clearly I stated something that allot of people felt and they just pass it by because either they seen it before or just wanted it to go away...so for that, I’m sorry that I could not just ignore it.  and if this thread continues, I promise you, I will start a reply on here that will take up 10 pages of gibberish nonsense that you all will feel old and lazy after reading it and wish you had the 20min or so back in your life that I just took up and caused your heads to swim and probably cause some therapy sessions also :) Happy Holidays everyone! We have our families, our web families, food to eat, and a house over our heads, gas in our cars and smiles and laugher to brighten up our days/nights from our children, grandchildren, co-workers, and wife/husbands and even more so with the hobby we have all taken up...

Peace and Love!!! With a little bit of ROCK-N-ROLL BABY!!

rant off

Ciao --- Todd

LOL ultamikingabob love it first off and second off sure i will take the group hug not to sure if i would hug you directly lol people these days who knows just kidding and last but not least your "happy holidays" um no IT's MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL stand for what it should be lol anywhooo hope EVERYONES family have a wonderful time and again I say MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!

JBullard wrote:

Ultamiktking73 - It's great that you have been on here a whole year and helped 20 people during that year, but you have really pissed a lot of us "old farts" off with your wild crazy comments.

This "old fart" has helped 20 people in one week! Been on this forum since it started, before that when LOR did not have their own forum, was on other boards helping people with LOR questions.

I challenge you to find one post out of my almost 2000 posts where I have ever asked anyone for help.

I challenge you to find one post where I have ever asked for a sequence, (much less one that also included the copyrighted audio files).

I challenge you to examine my computer and sequences to find one case where I used someone else's sequence or any part thereof.

And yes, this "old fart" is on this board year around.

Who do you think put there own sequences on hold last July to start Beta testing the new S3 software? The "old Farts" that are the Beta Testers !

Who, except the "old farts" just started Beta testing for the next release of LOR software, (Ver 3.1.4 was released to the public on Nov 30, the new Beta version was released to us on Dec 1 to start testing).

Get your head out of your butt, you are making comments like an A$$ HO##. You have no idea of anything you are talking about.

And yes, any person doing a GIMME GIMME and also wanting the copyrighted music files included, deserves to be jumped. Amazon and others sells the songs for what, 99 cents?

ToddH, William, George, Robin and some others, I agree 100% with your comments.

Ultamitking73 - what does that stand for - Ultimate King ?- wow - what an ego -, helped 20 people in a year and shows zero respect for the ones that are here year in and year out, spending our own time (zero compensation) testing stuff, and implies that we are lazy and wait till the last two weeks to start begging for sequences and help? Get Real. Grow UP!

Off my soap box now!

ok Mr. beta tester first with you yes I took your challenge and I am proud of you for ACTUALLY doing your own sequences give this man an award lol and actually my number is not 20 I was just throwing a number out there it's actually more then that and I normally LOVE TO HELP OUT.why should a new poster get ridiculed for what he has asked for that is how I saw it then he explained it along with his clan what his comment meant so now it all makes sense and yes I agree tired of that "tire being kicked" lol as he put it now as for my name welllllll lol I thought this was like any other joining site you use code names not your real one so I just kept the one I have used for years maybe since you HAVE worked so hard on getting us the S3 and moving to a new location in July maybe you can come up with a better name for me besides all the obvious ones that have been posted here lol WE ALL LOVE what you do day in day out lazy or not because I know you have had your lazy days and don't tell us you never have come on now lol
anyways I know what I'm talking about the "gimme gimme's " need to keep their posts to the "newbie" section lol
OK OK OK off my box now lol

its unreal....and all I can think more to say on this is! You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.
nuff said

lol to funny Todd um I just have one question for all you smart people since I'm stupid according to todd um why is it when it's supposed to be a "happy time" you know the phrases like "happy holidays" Disneyland "the happiest place on earth" 4th of July "celebration" thanksgiving happy time to be with family etc... WHY IS THERE ALWAYS CHAOS!!!??????????

I have taken "Nivek" under my wing. He is beyond green. I will need to start from the bottom up. I remember 5 years ago when I started I couldn't get my display running with 609 channels for three years until two good friends came up from Texas and another one from American Airlines. I had every tech problem you could have, 3 phase, RS485 voltage imbalance, bad power supply in the computer, LED's, 3 networks, damaged cat5 cable runs, bad controllers you name it and I had it. Now I have 1600 channels running 1100 this year and not a problem one, I can do this in my sleep. And now I'm learning RGB and I too had my butt jumped a few weeks ago for asking a newbie question. It made me fill like crap until someone has now taken me under there wing. Just thought I would give you an update.

your video looks GREAT! It's always great when we get together whether it be on here or in person I went to a persons display that lives in the same town as me twice and it also looks great we can learn from each other. So I see your in Broken Arrow that's great we used to live in Tulsa never knew of this great stuff I wish I had known about your display when we were out there it looks GREAT! once again and thanks for your update.

Thanks Dale for the sequence you did for me years ago I'm still using it in the show, it's just got bigger over the years.

Ultamitking73 wrote:

Not bad job needs alittle tweaking but that's what I say about my first one lol great song to thanx for sharing.

Thanks! How can I tweak it? What could I do better? This is my very first one! =)