Light-O-Rama Forums

need sequences

nivek

Guest wbottomley

And... I'm not finished yet.

How many sequences have you downloaded from the old farts? If it's one or more, then you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Reading stuff like that can [Foul Language Used] me off to no end. I guess every hobby can have some damn fools.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ultamitking73

• ToddH

• nivek

• shfr26

Ultamitking73 wrote:

yes Nivek don't worry about the old farts that are to sensitive lol just worry about getting your display up and running in time because in the year I have been on this LOR site back in January not to many people on getting their questions answered or asked and all the "so called pro's" wait til the last minute to ask for sequences because they are to lazy or old so your just fitting right in here Nivek if you need anything let the true troopers who have helped alot of people in the last 2 weeks just so they can get their shows up and running instead of starting earlier and making sure you have everything you need for the season

Old farts? So called Pro's???? Too lazy or old??? Not getting questions answered???

Are you just plain braindead or what??? Lets see how long it takes to get your next question answered!! What an A$# H*&^

Off my soap box now.

Edit: By the way, I did PM the OP and offer whatever I had to him. Maybe I'm just too old.

I have to agree with WB...I've been doing this since 2007 and I appreciate the old farts(even tho younger than I). I hardly ever have to ask a question because 98% of the answers are here somewhere. Be patient, SEARCH and then if you have a question, there is more than enough knowledge here to help you. But if you don't research and TRY IT YOURSELF first, it does look like a GIMME...GIMME. The old farts here appreciate those that try...it's called Helping...not a Gimmie!

Tks Old Farts! :]

Ultamitking73 wrote:

yes Nivek don't worry about the old farts that are to sensitive lol just worry about getting your display up and running in time because in the year I have been on this LOR site back in January not to many people on getting their questions answered or asked and all the "so called pro's" wait til the last minute to ask for sequences because they are to lazy or old so your just fitting right in here Nivek if you need anything let the true troopers who have helped alot of people in the last 2 weeks just so they can get their shows up and running instead of starting earlier and making sure you have everything you need for the season

Sorry, but this really pisses me off! I've only been on for a year and I've gotten all the help and advice that anyone could ever ask for. Without help from the folks here, I wouldn't have a display. "True Troopers" that have provided help for a whole 2 weeks....Do you seriously believe the $%^@#$% coming out of your mouth?

Most folks on here are busy with their displays this time of year. So in the last 2 weeks, maybe they are not online as much. Maybe your question might not get answered right away. But it will get answered.

For some lurker to crawl out from under their rock and make those types of comments, is completely outta line. Please be so kind as to provide links to those who have asked questions and not gotten an answer.
I hope your display is as bad as your manners!

If you don't like the seasoned professionals giving you advice, then move on and join another forum.

Oh I see now the instant I make a comment people are all over it but then when ToddH who started the whole thing says a negative comment from the begining to a newbie who only posted for the first time doesn't get thrown out with the laundry that makes you see that even on here we no matter the age shows we are still in highschool grow up I can do my own sequences have done it in the past if this TRUELY is a hobby then you would do it year round not just one month a year I was clearly defending the poor soul who put his first post up and got picked up and thrown out with the trash I know for a fact we are ALLL a great worldly family here and many have helped me in the past year so sorry to stand up for a rookie getting pushed around and as for us old farts well we should the old phrase " life goes on" or "get up brush off the leaves and keep going" thank you for showing me that side of you thought we were all family here but apparently not SORRY

thanks so much to everyone that came to my defence i sure appreciate it all!!! So sorry to the ones i pissed off on here!!!! Im new to this and have not had time to sit and really browse all sites!!! if ya look at when i joined this forum you would see i just started, kinda hard to help others when i need help also, kinda like open mouth insert foot, but i will get this some time and try to help others like me sometime! Everyone i tried downloading then uploading music as well as failed, so thought i would have better luck finding the complete sequences and music in one!!

thanks again nivek

For some lurker to crawl out from under their rock and make those types of comments, is completely outta line. Please be so kind as to provide links to those who have asked questions and not gotten an answer.
I hope your display is as bad as your manners!

If you don't like the seasoned professionals giving you advice, then move on and join another forum.

Look again I am not a lurker as you call it I have been here a year almost now and done lots of POSTS helped 20 or so people I am more of a helper then what you might think again it's ok for ToddH to make his comments but not anyone else? now for the next line (I hope your display is as bad as your manners!) well my manners sir were in the right spot it just got misconspewed just like everything else in this post I was clearly trying to defend a rookie who made his first post from ToddH now for the 3rd line
(If you don't like the seasoned professionals giving you advice, then move on and join another forum.)I love all the help I have gotten and I have taken some of that advice and shared it with the rookies through out the year as for the move to another forum um I don't think so sorry

Lets just let this go for now. Toddh did say he was sorry, and was wrong for saying what he did . Everybody helps when they can, so lets go on to something else.

Guest wbottomley

You may well be defending a newbie but your choice of words sucked!

Next time, you might want to consider using a description of a certain group more wisely than putting a stick in a hornets nest.

It's good you help 20 people. Great! Keep it up. We need a lot of people like that.

I've been sequencing 1k+ channels for 5 years and I don't have a problem helping when I have the time. Send me a template and I'll see what I can do.

nivek wrote:

ill do that evan, didnt give that any thought, was just trying to get going faster!!

nivek

What do ya expect when you dis the "Lazy Old Farts" who have been here ALL YEAR LONG helping everyone. Who have been there done that and got the free t-shirt. Any problems that us newbies come across, they have already been there.

Now you want to play the "Poor me" card....really?

Ultamitking73 wrote:

not to many people on getting their questions answered...
all the "so called pro's" wait til the last minute to ask for sequences because they are to lazy
the true troopers who have helped alot of people in the last 2 weeks just so they can get their shows up and running instead of starting earlier and making sure you have everything you need for the season

I agree with the poster who asked you to provide even one example of anyone (other than you, as I peer into my crystal ball) not getting their question answered. You don't know what you're talking about.

I'm also waiting to see any of the "so called pros" begging sequences, much less waiting until the last minute to do so. Too lazy? And just where do you think all the free sequences that people download come from - newbies? Again, you don't know what you're taslking about.

True troopers? You're using a two-week sample to proclaim your intelligence on the matter? Well, big boy, since you've been around here for almost an entire year now, did you happen to notice who it has been all year long who has been answering questions? When they actually get answered, that is... Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

And where is it written, except in your moronic mind, that it's the responsibility of us old farts to make sure "you have everything you need for the season"? Would you like us to come over and plug in your extension cords, too? Water your plants? Let the cat out, maybe? Has it ever occurred to you that maybe the reason so many of us are absent from the forum this time of year is precisely because we agree with what Todd had to say?

Being one of the old farts and being that I can no longer put up my display, I would like to say the following: We now live in a world where it is expected that the haves supply the wants of the have nots. This includes everything from wealth, homes, and evidently sequences as well.

No longer does someone have to put in the time, learn from their mistakes and take satisfaction in a display showcasing their creativity. Now it is all about using the creativity and hard work of others and seldom if at all giving credit to those who designed and created the sequence.

What a terrible shame.

Robin wrote:

Being one of the old farts and being that I can no longer put up my display, I would like to say the following: We now live in a world where it is expected that the haves supply the wants of the have nots. This includes everything from wealth, homes, and evidently sequences as well.

No longer does someone have to put in the time, learn from their mistakes and take satisfaction in a display showcasing their creativity. Now it is all about using the creativity and hard work of others and seldom if at all giving credit to those who designed and created the sequence.

What a terrible shame.

Couldn't agree with you more Robin. I guess that makes me a lazy old fart as well.
I've totally enjoyed all of the mistakes that I've made, the planning and preparation that I've done all through the past year to get ready. I've asked questions and gotten plenty of answers from the "lazy old farts" here.

My reward was being able to come up with a well thought out plan, to make sure I had everything that I needed to make it happen. The only issue that I've had has been a few burned out light strings and some minor adjustments in sequencing.

I personally would like to say "THANK YOU" to all of the "Lazy Old Farts" for all of your great advice. Without your help, I would not have a show and wouldn't have went so smoothly.

A special shout out to Shannon. I purchased 2 CCR's in September and didn't plan on adding them to the show until next year. He was kind enough to send me a sample CCR sequence to get me started and I was off to the races.

Ultamiktking73 - It's great that you have been on here a whole year and helped 20 people during that year, but you have really pissed a lot of us "old farts" off with your wild crazy comments.

This "old fart" has helped 20 people in one week! Been on this forum since it started, before that when LOR did not have their own forum, was on other boards helping people with LOR questions.

I challenge you to find one post out of my almost 2000 posts where I have ever asked anyone for help.

I challenge you to find one post where I have ever asked for a sequence, (much less one that also included the copyrighted audio files).

I challenge you to examine my computer and sequences to find one case where I used someone else's sequence or any part thereof.

And yes, this "old fart" is on this board year around.

Who do you think put there own sequences on hold last July to start Beta testing the new S3 software? The "old Farts" that are the Beta Testers !

Who, except the "old farts" just started Beta testing for the next release of LOR software, (Ver 3.1.4 was released to the public on Nov 30, the new Beta version was released to us on Dec 1 to start testing).

Get your head out of your butt, you are making comments like an A$$ HO##. You have no idea of anything you are talking about.

And yes, any person doing a GIMME GIMME and also wanting the copyrighted music files included, deserves to be jumped. Amazon and others sells the songs for what, 99 cents?

ToddH, William, George, Robin and some others, I agree 100% with your comments.

Ultamitking73 - what does that stand for - Ultimate King ?- wow - what an ego -, helped 20 people in a year and shows zero respect for the ones that are here year in and year out, spending our own time (zero compensation) testing stuff, and implies that we are lazy and wait till the last two weeks to start begging for sequences and help? Get Real. Grow UP!

Off my soap box now!

WOW, Just wow!!! I got a few PM's from people "Old Timers", thanking me for my comments, telling me to not let it get to me, and other things and was not 100% sure what it all stemmed from, and these were PM's from people whom I admire, respect, look to when I have questions...so it caught me off guard a bit till I checked this thread again today...and see what it has turned to.

Let me 1st off state that Ultkingamabob whatever, I never once bashed the poster, I never once belittled him, called him a name or anything, in fact it wasn't really even directed completely at him other than me pointing out the lack of tact he used when posting his 1st post on the boards the 1st day he joined...and it just triggered me esp. after finding out some of the new members who have been only asking for seq in their posts...and then turning around and attempting to sell them as their own...*SHAKES FISTS IN AIR* Ohhhhh makes me so mad!!

I have been trolling the boards for well over 2 years, I finally joined the site in Jan and most of my posts were only private. My 1st public post was the month the kit went on sale and I jumped in the water and went head first into the deep end. I never once messed with the software, viewed it or even done anything close to it. I was beyond a noob but I wanted to do this so I never publicly asked for full on sequences. I would contact those who I have been watching on the boards for the past few years and picked out those who I saw were...In my eyes masters at this....in your eyes "old farts" .... well these folks took me in, made me feel at home and were more than willing to help me....Hell I think Itsmebob has me on a perma ban to contact him anymore for help :) I tried to pick that guys brain so much... and shfr26 didn't even know me for 1 day, hell for one hour when I posted my 1st thread introducing myself and all and never did I ask for it, but he offered because he lived not too far, for me to come to his home, and he would show me whatever it is that I had questions on....I JUMPED AT THAT OFFER!! And yes, my wife was like....ummm bringing a shotgun...and me and this man, whom I have to say, is a humble, down to earth, giving man! Opened his house, his family welcomed me, a stranger in to their home for most of the day while we sat and talked, and he answered so many questions, showed me so many things and was great because he...ya know being old and lazy would yell at me to sit in front of the computer and play around and he sat back and watched and when I had a question, he showed me....These old folks as you say are the reason I’m here and will stay here.

I’m sorry that my rant if you want to call it that triggered you to call names and be so insulting in your comments, do you need a hug? I need a hug, ok GROUP HUG!!!!

Anyway this thread is dead, no more bashing. it’s clear that things were taken out of context, emotions are high because clearly I stated something that allot of people felt and they just pass it by because either they seen it before or just wanted it to go away...so for that, I’m sorry that I could not just ignore it. and if this thread continues, I promise you, I will start a reply on here that will take up 10 pages of gibberish nonsense that you all will feel old and lazy after reading it and wish you had the 20min or so back in your life that I just took up and caused your heads to swim and probably cause some therapy sessions also ;) Happy Holidays everyone! We have our families, our web families, food to eat, and a house over our heads, gas in our cars and smiles and laugher to brighten up our days/nights from our children, grandchildren, co-workers, and wife/husbands and even more so with the hobby we have all taken up...

Peace and Love!!! With a little bit of ROCK-N-ROLL BABY!!

rant off

Ciao --- Todd