Light-O-Rama Forums

First Night of my lights

axle

Here's my video of my lights

. Just started this year with 16 channel. Can you give me some advise about the placement of the lights etc...I know 16 channel was not enough to look good. All of my sequences was just dl here from someone and really thanks to fellow forum members that help the newbies. Really feel hard how to sequence a song.

I think it looks very good. Just because you only have 16 channels dosen't mean you can't have a good looking display {and you do}. As far as writing a sequence keep practicing. I think you have a great start.

First off, welcome to this obsession with lights that will have people wondering what it wrong with you! LOL

You set up a very nice display for 16 channels, so don't sell yourself short by any means. That looks really good.

As far as sequencing, it is a little tough to get going with. Sometimes you just get a mental block and when first starting a sequence it is hard to "see" how things will look.
I find that if I listen to a song a bunch of times and think about how my display is set up, then I will start to see how I want the lights to work with the music. Also sometimes I just pick one element (like your mine trees) and I will sequence them all the way through the song before doing other elements (I usually have a very rough idea how the other elements will interact though). That way I have a baseline to play with while adding in the other items of the display.
You will find after awhile that it gets a little easier as you do it and that you will find yourself humming the song while not doing the sequencing and you will have ideas for it.
Looking at others sequences will help you start to see how things work as well.
So just grab that favorite song of yours and jump in there. You will be making your own unique sequences and display in no time.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.

Bill

Yes its really hard for me sequence a song I can't think what I gonna do. Some part of the song if its faster I do the chasing on the lights but the other part. I wish LOR software can do more than beat wizard like detecting the frequency of the song and you can select any other frequency and it also marks every beat of those frequency. Just a thought.