Light-O-Rama Forums

Star used for the ccr trees

monkey141

Hello all,

Starting to make a list for next year and i am wondering if anyone knows about the star on top of most ccr trees? Where do you get it? Custom build? I had some thougts on construction but with so many having the same star i figure you must be getting it from somewhere, so why reinvent the wheel.

Thanks,
Mike

• 4 months later...

Dennis Laff wrote:

I built my own star out of 1/4 steel rod biggest star is 48 inchstip tip to tip

I was thinking about this. Did you weld? Braze? or something else? Do you have photos?

LightsinMaine wrote:
Most are hand-made as a 7 stars. I would think drilling holes to make 7 stars in somekind of board is what most do...

I don't understand "hand-made as a 7 stars." Can you elaborate?

I have a star over my manger that is holes drilled into wood. It is what I think of as a Christmas star...8 points (top/bottom and sides are longer and then a shorter point between each of the longer points).

I'm looking at creating light towers and and adding a star on top of each. I'm thinking 3 concentric stars so I can chase in or chase out.

I want to do a 5 point star so that I can use them for Independence Day as well as Christmas.

LightsinMaine wrote:

Most are hand-made as a 7 stars. I would think drilling holes to make 7 stars in somekind of board is what most do...

I don't understand "hand-made as a 7 stars." Can you elaborate?

I have a star over my manger that is holes drilled into wood. It is what I think of as a Christmas star...8 points (top/bottom and sides are longer and then a shorter point between each of the longer points).

http://www.christmaslightshow.com/2-star-flare-3-channel-with-incandescence-rope-light-kit.html

These are what I use on my light towers. And what I meant is kinda in the same line you mentioned with plywood with holes drilled into it to create (5, 6 or even 7) stars one smaller than the next. To control small star through larger stars (exploding stars I call them).... Or weld up a 5, 6 or 7 star similar to Christmaslightshows 3 channel star.