Light-O-Rama Forums

A True Griswold Goft

captainron19

Not only does my wife tolerate my Christmas Light Madness but she also got me this nice early Christmas Present!

Very fitting especially since I had a true "Clark" moment when I hung the lights on my roof.... I added stars to my garage roof which is a very steep angle so the guys from my fire station came to help me .... We threw a rope over the peak into the back yard in order to secure it to something with the plan of using the rope as a guide when going up and down the peak on the front of the house.

We put a metal carabiner on the end of the rope and threw it over the peak..... well it turned into a pendulum and BAM! right through the kitchen window on the back of the house. I called my wife at work at told her what we did and after she finished laughing hysterically all she could say is "you are truly a Clark Griswold" and tonight my shirt arrived that she ordered for me!

Attached files 287198=15900-shirt.jpg

captainron19 wrote:

We put a metal carabiner on the end of the rope and threw it over the peak..... well it turned into a pendulum and BAM! right through the kitchen window on the back of the house.

LOL...hard to imagine, that out of a group of firemen, not one of you thought that something like that might happen!!! LOL

jimswinder wrote:

LOL...hard to imagine, that out of a group of firemen, not one of you thought that something like that might happen!!! LOL

Yeah we sure do like to break stuff huh?

Guest Don Gillespie

captainron19 wrote:

Not only does my wife tolerate my Christmas Light Madness but she also got me this nice early Christmas Present!

Very fitting especially since I had a true "Clark" moment when I hung the lights on my roof.... I added stars to my garage roof which is a very steep angle so the guys from my fire station came to help me .... We threw a rope over the peak into the back yard in order to secure it to something with the plan of using the rope as a guide when going up and down the peak on the front of the house.

We put a metal carabiner on the end of the rope and threw it over the peak..... well it turned into a pendulum and BAM! right through the kitchen window on the back of the house. I called my wife at work at told her what we did and after she finished laughing hysterically all she could say is "you are truly a Clark Griswold" and tonight my shirt arrived that she ordered for me!

glad she's got a great sense of humor, because that beats me hands down, I guess the real question is did you get your stars up on your roof LOL :D