Light-O-Rama Forums

One more screw up.

jfelix

Let me start by telling what I did last night which will bring me to my latest problem.

I had two controllers that I accidentally switched their uit IDs. So I had the bright idea (even though I know better)to try and switch their ID's through the network rather than connect directly to the PC. So needless to say I messed those two up and had to run a cat 5 cord form my PC directly to each controller to the PC and reset their ID's. Did that alll is good.

Now I have a controller or two further down the chain that are not responding correctly when playing a sequence.I ran them through the hardware utility and no problems. I reset the cat 5 cords in case they were loose (had that problem last year). Still having the problem. I have not tried to reset the controller yet. My thought is I screwed up the ID on them last night and will need to reset the id on each. ANyone have any input?

The HU will tell you if their ID's are correct.

Might be a bad comm cable, or maybe one that's too close to a power cord.

Maybe those controllers would benefit from a reset.

Could it be that your channel count is getting to where you should be running more than one network?

George I should have said they were working fine till the screw up yesterday. Imessed with the comm cable thinking one is too loose. I thought about doing a reset on the controllers since they are holding their ID but haven't yet. Didn't realize a power cord would cause any problems, but they are the same spot they been since Friday and worked well before. Thanks for the input I will try a reset first and then go from there.

My channel count is about 220 so I should be fine with one network I think.

If you havent already, then I would agree with George and suggest that you do the controller reset. Unless it is raining or blowing snow, this is very simple and has a known track history of clearing up many ills.

Ok I tried resetting my PC16 and reset the ID. It did not work. I have to 8 channels to but not sure how to reset. One has a jumper the other does not.

I reset the cat 5 cable too and that did not work either. The only thing I got left is a reset of all 16 controller and ID's, which I do not want to do if it is not going to work.

Are we still talking the same language? I sure do not know how to reset a Cat5 cable. So, maybe I need to ask did you either remove the jumper on the 18 pin header apply power, remove power and re-install the jumper on the 2nd set of pins. Or if you have the switches to address. did you remove power spin both rotary switches to 0, apply power, remove power, turn switches to original position and apply power?

Sorry Max. I did reset the controllers. They are PC's so I had to pull the jumper. Maybe I should have said I reseated the cat5 cable to ensure a good connection.

I am going to try and reimport the channel configuration and see if that fixes it. The controllers are confused somehow during sequences but again work fine in the HU.

My channel config got all messed up in my 2011 sequences. I guess when I imported the channels I must have had things moved around and had to go in a reassign some channels. Still not 100% corrected but almost there.