Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 Christmas display concept

Arnoldc

Never too early, right? I am designing my display for next year, I am doubling my channel count to 128 channels. So far I have utilized 124.. What do you guys think of the basic design?

Attached files 286984=15882-Elevation.jpg

looks like the inside of a church!!!!

very impressive though!!!

I think you need to at LEAST double your channel count though....

jimswinder wrote:

looks like the inside of a church!!!!

very impressive though!!!

I think you need to at LEAST double your channel count though....

Always more with you Jim always more...
I came across an idea... See if you can picture this, where the wreath is, make a canvass wall of brick, and right before the fence line that would be the top opening of the fireplace.. What I would do is put some lights in a box that goes the width of that wall, and make it look like glowing embers, using the flicker effect.. At the top, have well the top of the chimney, with Santa and a spot light on him?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, now that the sales are coming out.. I would really like peoples input.. What I know I WILL do, is 1 controller dedicated to each mega tree, and I wanted one more for the small trees... But with that said. I am trying to decide on the arches, I was thinking about doing 7 segments for each arch, and a total of 4 arches.. NOW I am thinking maybe 2 CCRs making 4 arches.. I could save money by splitting the mega trees up to 1 controller running both.. What would you guys suggest? Be honest.. What should I eliminate?

I would use 16 channels per mega tree, 32 channels for all of the mini trees, and 16-32 channels for everything else. Just my 2 cents.

This is what I have planned so far in terms of the channel count.
16 channels per mega tree
4 channels per star
2 channels for fence
4 channels for roof
4 channels for wreath
18 channels for mini mega trees (6 of the 5' trees)
10 channels for bushes totaling 78 channels
the mini trees are gone I think this year
2 ccrs for the arches are planned
Plus Im playing with something new, trying to figure out how to use it in my display.

Arnoldc wrote:

This is what I am playing with, I have a few ideas.. but all ideas are welcome..
Santa Claus and Darth Vader fight to the death?

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
This is what I am playing with, I have a few ideas.. but all ideas are welcome..
Santa Claus and Darth Vader fight to the death?
LOL youre not the only one who mentioned that!
Actually a few ideas around work are snow flakes, A wall of those with santa in the background, Runway lights, put it on a sleigh to add afterburners..

Ive got a ton of these.. hate to just throw them out.. They actually look pretty cool.. I was thinking putting CCR's at each end so I can change color and such as well.