Light-O-Rama Forums

Awesome LOR display near grove city ohio is it you?

Guest guest

I was driving around the other day to Lowes on geogesville rd in columbus ohio and noticed a guy stringing up a lot of Lights and even "go bucks" on his rooftop, so I drove back in only to notice a different house with a "tune to 93.9" sign and figured that one had to be animated, so I came back later that evening for a quick stop and the gentleman was standing outside and i asked what he used and he said 110 channels of LOR.. looked like he had company and walked away. I went back last night and listened to 4 songs.. what an awesome display! great job! just wondered if he might be here on PC, id like to know more about what was done to secure the lights on the roof so perfectly and the set up etc.. Looked like the controllers were in the garage.. so if anyone knows him or such id love to talk more esp being so close in town.. is unusual to run across another animated display.

-Christopher

Ah, actually I just sent you a PM before finding this post. I had not seen it because I normally paroose the LOR forum. Sounds like you talked to my neigbor to the right. He has done all of the songs except the two TSO songs.

The lights on the roof are attached with small binder clips at the bottom and with black electrical tape at the peak. There is a metal ridge vent that the tape sticks to just fine as long as it is warm when you are putting up lights. I also use the tape in the valleys. After the high winds we had last weekend, I had to go up there and straghten them out a bit.

-Roman