Light-O-Rama Forums

Excel Amp Calculator for sale on eBay???

jimswinder

testraub wrote:

Jim, shouldn't you be fixing things on your roof rather then cruising Ebay? :D
kinda dark at 5:30 am...

it can wait til Friday when I am off of work... :D

Sad thing is someone will buy it.

Texas mandated "smart meters" so I can now look at a website and see my exact electrical usage in 15 minute intervals. My lights are using 3.6 KWH for a 4 hour show. I can live with that!

DonFL wrote:

Somebody has..it shows he has sold one.

Even funnier is it is reduced in price from 14.99...
maybe he bought one himself...sorta like putting a few dollars in the tip jar to get it going...

DonFL wrote:

Actually, I looked at the feedback and some poor sap bought one last night....

there's one born every minute...

unless you were twins, then there would be two... :P

I should go on eBay and buy one before they're all sold out. The listing states that he has more than 10 available but I don't want to miss out.

That will go great with the website address of Light-O-Rama that I bought a few weeks ago.

I hope that I have the winning eBay bid for the Showtime Software Suite S3 demo!

WhitePlainsNY wrote:

I hope that I have the winning eBay bid for the Showtime Software Suite S3 demo!

Sorry...beat you to it. I even paid the 9.99 express mail fee, and, the extra 5.99 to get it on CD.

I hear this demo software rocks, its even the S3 demo!!...my lights are all set up to use it...I just install it, and away I go...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Seriously, I'd love to get a copy of his lighting calc tool and compare it with the quartzhill tool...I understand many variations of the same type of program doing the same thing, but if it truly is his original, I'd expect, just by nature, for it to be very different in the way it is laid out, formulas set up, etc.

Sent the seller a note. This was there reply:

I did not know someone had something like that for free anywhere. I will remove my auction. Word of advice though, next time don't be a smart ass to someone you don't know.

reitan_family wrote:

, next time don't be a smart ass to someone you don't know.

You mean I have to know them to be a smart ass...where's the fun in that!!! :D

Many props to whom ever made that excel file, it's sweet.

This is a little off topic but I think it will be OK.

I've cleared out all the info on the controller tabs but I'm still showing bulbs and watts next to controllers 1-8 on the controller total tab. Is the creator of this file around so I can ask him/her whats wrong? Or can someone else help me.

Thanks.

MarkV wrote:

Many props to whom ever made that excel file, it's sweet.

This is a little off topic but I think it will be OK.

I've cleared out all the info on the controller tabs but I'm still showing bulbs and watts next to controllers 1-8 on the controller total tab. Is the creator of this file around so I can ask him/her whats wrong? Or can someone else help me.

Thanks.

The gentleman at post 13 is your man.

reitan_family wrote:

Sent the seller a note. This was there reply:

I did not know someone had something like that for free anywhere. I will remove my auction. Word of advice though, next time don't be a smart ass to someone you don't know.

Am I the only one a little skeptical that this person did not know anyone had anything like this for free anywhere?

Ain't makin' no sense...:shock:

I couldn't help myself....sent him a question with the quartzhill link and asked "does your tool do more than this (free) one? if so, what additional features?..."..

I mean he does advertise that it calculates the number of extension cords you need.

Hmmm..lets see...probably a pretty complex excel formula:

"number_of_channels_used=number_of_extension_cords_needed"

If its anything more than that, it might be worth the 4.99 just to have some fun with it.