Light-O-Rama Forums

Don't mix Groups with Tracks

Amie

I have figured out that if you make a group of channels and copy the group to a new track, and don't ungroup those channels in the first track, you may be sorry. Especially if you do not ungroup them in the new track but rearrange the channels within the group in the new track. The channels will rearrange in the first track as well. Then, when you import a new channel configuration file, the original order of channel names will get rewritten on top of the channels, and now your channels have been reassigned.

Thank you for pointing me to this, and no, I did not figure it out before I did damage. I am mad at LOR right now, our lights are not running because of this issue and I am going to call them and ask for a refund for the cost of the software upgrade. I would not have purchased it if I had known how much damage it was going to cause to my sequences.

An issue this serious shouldn't have passed through testing. I still feel strongly that they need to reevaluate how they have designed the import of the channel configuration file. It is rediculous that you have to import it into every single sequence when you make a change to any of the channels.