Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama Sale

jstorms

The purpose of the after season Light-O-Rama sale is to sell off any excess inventory, then in the summer they have another sale (not as good), but supplies are not as limited.

Given that I'm expecting the pickings to be very slim, controller-wise, for 2012's after holiday sale since they've been back ordered all fall. I was hoping to increase my empire by 32 more channels, but might not be able to.

My plan is to add 4 more controllers for next year. Now given the whole set of issues this year, I will do it slowly and probably pay regular price. To help with that, I will probably get the DIY kits.

Arnoldc wrote:

To help with that, I will probably get the DIY kits.

just remember to add in all the "small" things you will need to build the kits (because I did not!!!)

like enclosures, screws, washers, nut extenders, etc. to attach the boards to the enclosures...wire terminals, dongles, stress relievers, soldering irons and TIME!!

it all adds up..I don't think I saved any big amount of money by building my own...but did like the fact I could put four boards into one enclosure and saved a lot of space!!

Let's hope the have a ton of CCB's and CCF's sitting on a shelf that they never got around to selling before Christmas because they were so busy doing controllers!!!!!

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
To help with that, I will probably get the DIY kits.

just remember to add in all the "small" things you will need to build the kits (because I did not!!!)

like enclosures, screws, washers, nut extenders, etc. to attach the boards to the enclosures...wire terminals, dongles, stress relievers, soldering irons and TIME!!

it all adds up..I don't think I saved any big amount of money by building my own...but did like the fact I could put four boards into one enclosure and saved a lot of space!!

Plan on getting the kit with the needed wires.. last I checked it was $179ish plus enclosures.. and I got a source for those I think

I'll be looking to add a few more controllers, a few more CCRs and a few sets of CCBs next year. I'll shop both/either/any sales with complete confidence that I'll have what I ordered long before I need it.