Light-O-Rama Forums

Video Help

magish01

Okay, getting old sucks. Video made of my sequences. Want to "chop" them into individual sequences and overlay the audio for a better sound. For the life of me, can't remember how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mike, the lightbulb just went on when I read your post about Windows movie maker. As I said before....getting old sucks.

what video editing software are you using?

With mine you just "clip the video" where you want and then you can save that "cut clip"...even though it doesn't actually "cut" the video...it is still the full video but knows that you have separated it.

As for the Audio, you should have one or more audio tracks where you can import the actual audio file...and after you have it synced up, cut out the audio portion from the video

Thanks Jim. I couldn't remember what software I used for my July 4th videos, till Mike mentioned Windows Movie Maker. I think that was what I used. Have to re-record some of my sequences as they were too dark. Couldn't make out the house, and the lights looked too dim (kinda like the operator of the video camera). Am at work right now so haven't had a chance to verify the software, but I do remember "cutting" the video and then syncing the audio track and re-encoding. When I get them done, will post a link to the website for "critical analysis".
Thanks for your input.