Light-O-Rama Forums

SS - Editor User Interface problems / questions

awardblvr

1. How can the timeline be compressed or expanded?
2. How can I quickly access a point in the timeline before or after what is visible on the current workspace?
3. How can I play beyond the current workspace? The length of time a play during editing seems somewhat random. I'm talking about the quick, ongoing user interaction, not the specific, detailed level of control as in the start/stop time fields in the instant-sequence window.

Thanks

-A

awardblvr wrote:

1.  How can the timeline be compressed or expanded?
2. How can I quickly access a point in the timeline before or after what is visible on the current workspace?
3. How can I play beyond the current workspace? The length of time a play during editing seems somewhat random. I'm talking about the quick, ongoing user interaction, not the specific, detailed level of control as in the start/stop time fields in the instant-sequence window.

Thanks

-A

1) The timeline cannot be compressed or expanded.
2) You move the timeline with the buttons that look like the buttons on a tape recorder. Forward moves 2 seconds, Fast Forward moves 8 seconds. Ctrl + Fast Forward goes to the end of the song, Ctrl + Fast Rewind goes to beginning of the song. Also you can click and hold on the buttons and it will repeat.
The right and left arrow keys will scroll also, and if you press and hold the right or left arrow keys it will repeat, I find this to be the fastest way to scroll to a desired position.
3) To play 8 seconds of the song, press the play button with a right facing triangle on it. To play from where you are at to the end of the song press the "Play All" button that looks like a movie camera on a tripod.