Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights shut down

olmsb4d2

I can normally figure out problems by searching and reading the forums but this one has got me stumped.

I created an animation sequence last night just to leave the lights on for an hour after the show. I programmed the sequence to turn on all the lights at 30% power and created a seperate show to start at the end of the main show. It worked as planned but then I noticed that most of the lights had shut down after it had run for awhile. I thought I might have blown a fuse or breaker so I shut it down and checked everything and found no problems. So I started the show again and at a little over a minute the same thing happened.

I've been working with it this morning and found I can run that sequence from the sequence editor and everything works. When I run the show however most of the lights just turn off at a little over a minute into the show.

Again this is an animation sequence and it's the only sequence in the show.

Thanks

Never mind. I created a new animation sequence saved it, deleted the old animation sequence from the show, added the new one and it seems to be working.

I have no idea why it was doing that. Oh well...

What length is your animation sequence?

The reason I ask is simple. If you have a sequence like this for after show lights and it is long things can occur.

Basically if you have lights on for a full minute. LOR actually just sends out the on command one time and refreshs with the heart beat to keep comms established. So with like a one minute animation, the on command is not really sent until the sequence loops back to the beginning. You can test this by putting slight fades along the time of the on command and I would expect that your lights off issue will go away. There was a discussion on this a couple of years ago and as I recall Dan chimed in and this was the explanation he gave.

I have an animation sequence in the background for my show. It is not unusual for it to pop the lights on at the correct time, then they sometimes turn off. When the sequence loops around then the lights will come on and stay on the rest of the night.

Chuck

It's one hour long and a little over a minute into the sequence the same lights shut off every time and it's only the circuits that have higher wattage lights attached. The lower wattage circuits, like mini trees, stay on.

Interesting though...if it does it again tonight I'll try adding some fades or shorten the sequence and let it loop for an hour.

Thanks...your explanation kinda make sense

Still stumped. The animation sequence works fine but the same problem is cropping in musical sequences. one of the sequences is Frosty the snowman and I have my snowman on throughout the entire song. Tonight he shuts off during the sequence. I also have an intermission annoucement and I programmed all the lights to stay on during the one minute annoucement. Tonight...all the lights come on as programmed but half way through they all shut off.

Any ideas?