Light-O-Rama Forums

Traffic?

Caleb Linburg

Not too many :-(

This is our first year and it seems that once I get things working right, I throw a gfci or something else happens and I am dark for a few hours... No one told me it would be this hard.

Sure hope some people come out to enjoy it... And if they don't... Who cares? My daughters love it!

Had my opening night tonight, well over 200 people showed up in the 3 hours I was out there handing out candy canes and hot chocolate... Have to see what the rest of the weekend entails.

Trust me...dont be disapppointed!! You dont want your street to end up looking like this!

I just found out my neighbor is moving out. Hope I wasnt the cause :shock:

Attached files 288206=15947-Crowd.jpg

Cracker wrote:

Trust me...dont be disapppointed!! You dont want your street to end up looking like this!

I just found out my neighbor is moving out. Hope I wasnt the cause :shock:

WOW... Is the right side of the picture towards where your house is?

That is a LOT of spectators!

My first year I often had 10 to 20 cars outside watching my show which became a problem since I live on a pretty narrow street in the city. I decided to limit the show to 15 minutes and it keeps the traffic moving pretty steadily. Last night I had around 5-6 cars at a time at most. I am starting to have issues with people parking directly in front of my house heading in the wrong direction. I think I am going to add some voiceovers to try and correct the issue.
"If you build it, they will come"

See my post from the display forum
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum82/30689.html

This was Saturday Dec 4
pixeldigger wrote:

Every Year, the Grand Bay Christmas Parade is the first weekend in December.
Immediately After, everyone comes to see our lights!
IMG_0823-300x225.jpg
Our lights are a half mile away, at the end of that line! the lights you see are a neighbor at the top of the hill

Below is the view from the show looking back up the street

IMG_0808-300x225.jpg

Every time I look out, there are two or three cars. Tonight (Sunday) there were five or six all the time. My elderly mother (87) wanted to see the whole thing, so we sat out in the car and watched the whole show. I kept seeing things that need to be fixed in each sequence, but my mother thought it was wonderful, so I didn't tell her about the things that are wrong. She loved our new Nativity.

CKSedg wrote:

so we sat out in the car and watched the whole show. I kept seeing things that need to be fixed in each sequence,

I usually watch the shows (and the people) on the weekends...catch things I want to correct / improve on almost in every sequence...

but you are right...99% would never know and enjoy the work we have done...

We are start out with a random couple of cars when the show starts, mostly looky loo's on their way home from one thing or another and then it peaks with a 4 or 5 cars parked watching the show around 6:30 to 7:00 then it peters our again. My wife was out taking pictures last night and had to plan her shots around the cars and others taking pictures. I expect our car count to go up a bit when the local paper and news station do their annual write of local displays. We'll see what the neighbors say, so far they are all enthusiastic about the show.

Second year and not too many cars. I had pretty much nothing during the week last week. The past couple weekends I have had about 12 cars total. I SO want to put a sign at the end of my street on the busy road, but won't because I am affraid of too much traffic on my dark narrow street.