Light-O-Rama Forums

Traffic?

Caleb Linburg

This time of year, especially in Oklahoma it tends to start off a little slow (as it is right now) but picks up quickly once folks get in the "after Thanksgiving mood".

I had planned on giving out candy canes to everyone, but have had very few visitors. So, I just peek out the window every now and then to check.

I hope it picks up.

usually have about ten cars at all times on the weekends...but weekdays are pretty slow...

I think people are recuperating from Thanksgiving and will pick up after this weekend...

I was wondering that myself,
I live on a main route.. So I am not sure if anyone will stop. There is parking next to my house to that would give people someplace to take a look.
It is hard to see my lights when you go by at 30MPH...

Maybe I'll just be happy with myself and for my friends :cool:

The city show does not go live until Saturday, acter the parade. We see several cars a night pull in before noting that the show is not running yet.

One nearby show that will line cars up a long ways later, was only drawing about 10 cars on Sunday.

Same here as many are reporting - busy on opening night, Fri and Sat. Sunday and last night were real slow. This week will be the last peace and quiet for the season, though. The local paper is doing a story for the weekend and the local radio stations are starting to call.

After 5? years, we still are usually empty. Thanksgiving had a few, but otherwise, a few a day at best. I'm always a bit disappointed.

On the upside, a bit of my work is shown off a few minutes away at a tree seller. I feel happy to have something I do noticed.

My opening night is officially tomorrow but of course I have to be ready tonight... There were already a few people around as soon as I switched on a few lights to test.
I will see tomorrow and then what happens after the report about my house is seen on TV (scheduled for the 18th december)...

edited because it was a double post... Is there a problem here because it often happens.

This is an odd one for me. I live on a reasonably busy street, I get a few hundred cars an hour going buy but they each only see a few seconds of the show at most. As for watching the whole show, it's been mostly people we know.

My first couple of nights were pretty slow, 1-2 cars each. The past two nights, however, have been non-stop, ever since my friend put a post out on Facebook promoting the display. Last night we had around 80 cars outside, so many that I had to extend the show til 11pm.

Kevin sent me my voice overs last night (I am really happy now, lol) and I quickly sent him the new hours since I am going to start the show an hour earlier and go an hour later. All because of traffic.

Luckily, however, I do not have to worry about having cars lined up for a mile waiting to see my show. If that ever happens, I'll need to call in for traffic patrol, which I don't want to worry about right now.

My official start date is Saturday the 3 Santa comes on the fire truck at 5 and the lights go on shortly after I have about 200 people that have said they are coming and I usually get more just from people that read about it in the paper

We started on Thanksgiving night, and it has been constant cars every night, even this week on the weeknights.

Already more in the first few days, than in the first couple weeks last year.

Very exciting and lots of great comments from folks.

Less then I hoped for. :P

It'y my first year and it's not a big show, so I shouldn't expect much.

I guess all in all it's not that bad though. I've only been running it for 4 nights. I've only caught one car outside. I'm telling myself there have been more though.

My wife did take our son for a walk around the block and a neighbor stopped her to tell her how much she liked the lights. That's the best complement about it so far.