Light-O-Rama Forums

ERROR WITH SEQUENCE

PaulXmas

Getting this error

ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface) Musical: D:LORSequences....

Strange because one of the files is a voice over that plays fine the first time.
My show has 49 sequences half are voice overs
Did I break a limit?

That sounds to me like perhaps something is misinstalled. I would stop all running programs, especially LOR programs, including the LOR Control Panel (right click on it and select "Unload Light-O-Rama" from the popup menu), and then do a "Repair" on Light-O-Rama via Add/Remove Programs.

Note: If there are more than one "Light-O-Rama" entry in Add/Remove Programs, do NOT do a "Repair". Instead, uninstall them all, and then reinstall the version of LOR that you want to use (and only that version).

I will try that tomorrow morning. Show is live and runs except for the 5 sequences.
So just to confirm there is no limit to the number of sequences that can be played?

So just to confirm there is no limit to the number of sequences that can be played?

LOR itself imposes no limit. There's of course some limit based on your computer's memory and so forth, but I'd be surprised if it was 49.

If you are using version 3.0.0 or above, you should probably install version 3.1.4, as described in this thread. Earlier versions of S3 had a bug in LOR Control Panel which could eventually lead to strange behavior during shows, and perhaps your issue was a symptom of that.

Only limit I ever encountered with LOR is when using the DC-MP3 Showtime Director and the Hardware Utility or the Simple Show Builder. Found out real quick that it is limited to just around 170 sequences. I think I had a total of 225 sequences, but stopped at 170 and crashed out.

But as for using a PC, there doesn't seem to be any limits that I've hit yet when testing. I had over 225+ single line no lights musical sequences to play music over my FM Transmitter and my outdoor speakers during the day during off hours 7am-5:25pm, and the HWU hiccupped and gave me a similar error back in S2 when I tried to put more than it could handle on the SD Card. Although the limit could be in the HWU and not the DC-MP3 Showtime Director unit. But the Simple Show Builder hiccupped on those off-hours seqeuences too with the same error I got in the HWU.

Again, this was in S2, haven't really tried it in S3, but figured it was probably still the same and just haven't bothered to see if it was changed or not.

But the PC should not have any such limitations, or so I'd think. Or if it does, I'd figure it would be much higher than the HWU and the SSB software.

I am live tonight so I won't be able to shut down and try the repair so I will try that in the morning. Little worried about doing an update in case it causes more problems (hey I am a Windows user).

Well I tried the repair and upgrade to 3.0.4.
Ran the show and got the same errors.
So this morning I uninstalled and installed.
Not sure if that will work because there are setting that remain.
Any other ideas?

What operating system are you using?

Another thing I would try would be Windows Update.

Close all running programs, launch Windows Update, tell it to check for updates, and tell it to install whatever updates it finds.

After it has completed (and after you have rebooted, if it told you to), go back into Windows Update again, tell it to check for updates again, and tell it to install whatever updates it finds again (sometimes installing updates will make new updates available).

Keep doing that over and over until it finally checks for updates but doesn't find any.

All update were done last week.
Disabled all almost everything including virus checker. I have disabled the gateway so there is no Internet access.

Submitted a ticket to LOR and it looks like they have fixed my problem.

Open up the Show Editor.
Open up the show with the problem.
Click on "Options".
Make sure "Sequences are loaded before any are played" is selected.

ShowOptions.jpg

After I made the change the show played all the sequences!!!!

• 1 year later...

First show test and got this same error!

Quick search and found my post and answer LOL.