Light-O-Rama Forums

8*8 matrix, 2 leaping arches, or 2 firesticks? Vote!

motherboarddude

Post your vote for your preference. Color of any of these would be cool white the result will be used twice for each side of the house for a total of 32 channels. Thanks

I believe an 8x8 Matrix would require 64 channels. Or are you connecting two sections of the matrix to one channel, creating a mirror type image?

Rich wrote:

I believe an 8x8 Matrix would require 64 channels. Or are you connecting two sections of the matrix to one channel, creating a mirror type image?
Nice to see a fellow Coloradian :). No just a grid of 8 sets of lights by eight sets of lights which are perpendicular to each other.
Neil

I have a 6x5 (six firesticks by 5 channels each)matrix... it is new this year and I'm getting used to synchronizing it. Funny that when I copy and paste the 6x5 arches(six arches by 5 channels each) that they 'mirror' each other but you can't tell if you don't know how the sequence is done. My firesticks are spread equally over a 24' area. 30 channels.

• 2 weeks later...

Neil Amin wrote:

Rich wrote:
Nice to see a fellow Coloradian :). No just  a grid of 8 sets of lights by eight sets of lights which are perpendicular to each other.
Neil

I still do not see how that is only 16 channels.
8 sets of light by (x)8 sets of lights = 64 sets.

And how big are your arches? Mine are 8' long and 3' high and just 4 channels and they look great to the public. Yes, you and I can see the difference but they will never know. That way you could have 2 two color arches on each side.

Neil

I still do not see how that is only 16 channels.
8 sets of light by (x)8 sets of lights = 64 sets.

Visualize 8 strings laid out horizontally. Now lay out 8 strings vertically over top of the first 8. 16 strings total.
-Rich

I made my fire sticks with 5 channels on the poles and a three channel star on top. One controller for each set of two sticks. Works great and keeps the cords to a minimum.

Next year I plan to make some very tall ones.. mine are only about 8' to the bottom of the star now. I love em' but I am looking to add 16 footers next year. Lots of wire rope and stakes for sure!