Light-O-Rama Forums

Enttec DMX USB Pro error

Nancy Harris

I was working with my lights and everything was fine and half way through a song they stopped working. I have a blinking green light on the DMX unit but when I go into the Utility and tell it to find Pro and Connect I get the message:
Unable to open device. If the PRO has a steady green light on we recommend that you use "update firmware to rese the firmware on PRO.

I have a blinking green light and can no communicate with the lights.

Before opening the Enttec utility make sure you disconnect the LOR usb adapter. I get the same error (not lights stopping) if both are plugged in when opening the utility, Before opening LOR's control panel, close the utility and power off DMX (no flashing light on the Enttec. IT seems that Enntec gets confused, if you start LOR while the utility is sending data it can provent LOR from working properly in DMX mode. (I'm not a pro at this but have run into this trying to get DMX working with my display.

Thanks, have you had any issues with only red and white coming on in your floods. I can not get blue and green to play in the sequence but red and white works just fine. They all work in manual testing but something is not working when I put them into a sequence. I've set things up in Network Preferences and assigned a Universe and Circuit in the Channel Configuation. I only have 3 floods but none are picking up the blue and green commands so I'm wondering if I've not assigned the right circuits. I'm using 1/2/3, 4/5/6, 7/8/9 and have tried 1/2/3, 11/12/13, 21/22/23 to see if that would help but so far only red and white work.

• The topic was locked