Light-O-Rama Forums

I need a 74HCT165E shift register

Marty Spain

I finally botched an IC install on the CTB-16KV6 kit (after building 7 prior to this).

Does anyone have a supplier to buy the 8 bit shift register #74HTC165E (U3), other than LOR. I have seen the "D" version but not sure how they differ in operation if at all.

I need one!

Marty

Marty Spain wrote:

I finally botched an IC install on the CTB-16KV6 kit (after building 7 prior to this).

Does anyone have a supplier to buy the 8 bit shift register #74HTC165E (U3), other than LOR. I have seen the "D" version but not sure how they differ in operation if at all.

I need one!

Marty

I think it should be a 74HCT165E

Try digikey

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/CD74HCT165E/296-2098-5-ND/38354

Open up a ticket with LOR.

They are very good about standing behind their kits and will most likely ship out the parts.

I have a controller that I has one channel that will not turn on. I opened a ticket and even said that this controller is a few years old. The channel not turning on is annoying to me, but is in part of the display where not noticable by the public. Short story. LOR is shipping me a triac and opto.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

I did open a ticket, we will see what happens. They are busy so trying to contact them by phone has been difficult.

Thanks for the reponse! Fortunately I have another controller to build so I can wait for their response.

Merry Christmas !

Marty