Light-O-Rama Forums

new kid on the block just saying hi

digdeepfundraising

hi all im dan 35 from england im looking for a new hobby and BANG LOR takes my interest ive just ordered my first 4 16 channel controllers last week (and still waiting for a reply about the postage costs) but as i have read there very very busy at lor with thanks giving just gone and xmas coming up .but no rush im planning for next Halloween to raise some cash for a local school that helps disabled children

ive just made all my frames for my singing pumpkin faces but still yet to get the drawings on how the rope light fits SO ANYONE HAS THE DRAWINGS AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE PLEASE PM ME.i have 150 meters of rope light and raring to go

im completely new to this and never done anything like it so i might be asking a few questions to start of with and reading all the manuals and good old Internet and you tube to get me through the first few months

anyway i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself if anyone has any good info that you know i will need to get started just let me know i have my license number so i guess im ready to go BUT WERE DO I START LMAO wish me luck

dan

Guest Don Gillespie

digdeepfundraising wrote:

hi all im dan 35 from england im looking for a new hobby and BANG LOR takes my interest ive just ordered my first 4 16 channel controllers last week (and still waiting for a reply about the postage costs) but as i have read there very very busy at lor with thanks giving just gone and xmas coming up .but no rush im planning for next Halloween to raise some cash for a local school that helps disabled children

ive just made all my frames for my singing pumpkin faces but still yet to get the drawings on how the rope light fits SO ANYONE HAS THE DRAWINGS AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE PLEASE PM ME.i have 150 meters of rope light and raring to go

im completely new to this and never done anything like it so i might be asking a few questions to start of with and reading all the manuals and good old Internet and you tube to get me through the first few months

anyway i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself if anyone has any good info that you know i will need to get started just let me know i have my license number so i guess im ready to go BUT WERE DO I START LMAO wish me luck

dan

Welcome aboard ask lots of questions and do lots of searchs you will find a mountain of information on this forum. :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

Welcome aboard ask lots of questions and do lots of searchs you will find a mountain of information on this forum.

Not to mention the valleys of despair...

hi don and george for the replies im looking and looking and still looking there is so much to take in

Oh, no ..... !

Run, run, run away as fast as you can! You've taken the first steps into a hobby that will lighten your wallet and bank account like few others, will consume your free time (and intrude on your non-free time), and addict you like crack cocaine.

It's not too late for you - you can still walk away!

If it's too late, then welcome! Ask all the questions you want other than how to quit the lighting/animation addiction. There's no known cure other than Visa meltdown.

hi mmaness its way to late Ive been reading up for weeks now and have ordered my kit and made my frames and have a shed load of lights already in just a few weeks the wife to be thinks im nuts but im like a kid at Christmas right now i just wish it would get here quicker lol .and im well up for getting addicted