Light-O-Rama Forums

Holdman Star

roach.dan@gmail.com

So we decided to go ahead and make the Holdman 8' star (mainly because one of my neighbors is trying to compete)

We started around 130 with numerous football and beer breaks and finished around 10

For the most part the instructions were GREAT

http://www.holdman.com/christmas/star/

We had a to make a few adjustments as far as drilling the holes because we used different C9's we decided to make 2 just in case and drilled thru two pieces of ply wood at the same time so now we have an additional pre cut in the garage for next year or maybe this year.

We are still static so I decided to not attach the C9's to the outer for lack of better words (twinkle lines) holes are pre cut and ready to go when we get our controllers for next year.

If anyone is thinking about making one for this year it looks GREAT and I highly recommend

Attached files 285837=15827-Holdman Star 2.JPG

Nice job on the star.
It looks great with the icicles. A very good looking static display with all the elements to go to animated in the future.
And since you made two of them, you can put one on each side of that window and then use the window for a talking face or santa when you go animated!

Happy Holidays.
Bill

beeiilll wrote:

Nice job on the star.
It looks great with the icicles. A very good looking static display with all the elements to go to animated in the future.
And since you made two of them, you can put one on each side of that window and then use the window for a talking face or santa when you go animated!

Happy Holidays.
Bill

Great idea! I was debating what to do with the second one and now I know :P We have high winds here so having it on the peak of the roof is out of the question