Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR Random Lights

Frank Rossi

First year using the CCR the first night it worked fine the second night started to rain in the middle of the show and I turned everything off. After the rain I get random lights on and off on the CCR. They are random colors of red, blue, green or white and just a few lights close to the controller, sometimes three light or as many as nine to twelve, always close to the controller. I looks like they are getting a signal from somewhere. The CCR works correctly when they are call for in the sequence. Did a reset and no help.

There have been a few cases where the CCR power supply seems to be the cause of a similar problem. When that happens, the LED on the power supply pulses. You might want to see if that is happening on yours.

rwertz wrote:

There have been a few cases where the CCR power supply seems to be the cause of a similar problem. When that happens, the LED on the power supply pulses. You might want to see if that is happening on yours.
Thanks I will check it out. I am of town for a few days

rwertz wrote:

For me it was the Power Supply (Pulsating LED Light...new one on the way from LOR)...but the ribbon was not working at all. I also have a ribbon that is acting like Franks...but I have not yet been able to do a reset on the controller yet to see if that fixes the problem....hopefully this weekend

Add my name to the list of Pulsing Power Supplies Syndrome Victims Support Group. My CCR's were periodically flashing (in time to the pulsing) power LED. I wonder if this could be the reason that I had a couple of odd firing random LED's that I couldn't track down (it would happen on one CCR but not the other even thought they were duplicated in the sequencer).:dude:

JoeKinne wrote:

Add my name to the list of Pulsing Power Supplies Syndrome Victims Support Group. My CCR's were periodically flashing (in time to the pulsing) power LED. I wonder if this could be the reason that I had a couple of odd firing random LED's that I couldn't track down (it would happen on one CCR but not the other even thought they were duplicated in the sequencer).:dude:
just got an email from Dan...new power supply on it's way!!

I'm glad you got a quick turn around on yours....My note from Tech support said to send it back in and it would be sent to "Dr Fixit" with a closing line of....and I quote...."Currently there is a 3 week backlog on repairs." They did day that it is a standard Power supply, however I haven't been able to find one that has the same size connector, I am going to try our local electronics hobby shop and see if they have anything that will work....if not it looks like half of my CCR arches will be down for the most of the rest of the season. :(

JoeKinne wrote:

I'm glad you got a quick turn around on yours....My note from Tech support said to send it back in and it would be sent to "Dr Fixit" with a closing line of....and I quote...."Currently there is a 3 week backlog on repairs." They did day that it is a standard Power supply, however I haven't been able to find one that has the same size connector, I am going to try our local electronics hobby shop and see if they have anything that will work....if not it looks like half of my CCR arches will be down for the most of the rest of the season. :(

Did you try Radio Shack. They have a large selection of connectors. Maybe you could just order another supply.
http://store.lightorama.com/cocoriposu.html

If there were no other options, I think I'd be sending the supply back sans connector…

I plan on stopping by Radio Shack in the morning after that i'm off to parts house and use one of my other Power supplies (I have the Power Supplies, just no matching connectors).

HI i also have the same problem 12 ccrs 3 stay on in radom patterns after sequence is done tried reset did not fix problem see some water in one ribbon ccr"s have only been outside since friday lot of money spent to have start to go bad in a few days Dennis Laff

• 4 weeks later...

I never responded back on this as to what fixed it. My cosmic ribbon was Contoller 12 and I have a iDMX controller as 11 controlling two floods and a lasor, and a DC controller 10 controlling floods. I noticed that one of the floods as it changed colors it would cause the cosmic ribbon to display a small section of lights. I finally changed the address of the DC Controller to 20 and readdressed all of the other controller to thier original address and all worked and has been all month???

• The topic was locked