Light-O-Rama Forums

Cubical decorating contest

Guest guest

Has any one ever had a cubical decorating contest at work?
They just announced it at our office.
I can't belive it and they actually want me to enter.
Do they know who they are dealing with.....
I'm The TOYMAKER ...
Heres what I'm thinking 32 channels of LOR control 10,000 lights 12.5 foot santa airblown ....... :laughing:

I'm going to kick butt!

If anyone has had A contest like this please post your pics.

Thanks

Gary Slater A.K.A. The TOYMAKER

That sound fantastic. Although if I had a contest I couldn't spare a controller (Maybe for 1 day, but that's a lot of hooking and unhooking lights).

I'd like to see vids or pics if you get a chance. It'll be amazing to see how man lights you can cram into 1 cube.

10,000 lights? Where exactly do you plan on putting them all?

Sorry if this is a hijack, but I think it will show you a different direction you could go if you wanted to build something. You could lean/hang something like this on/in your cube. I managed to get over 2400 lights in a 7 square foot space, so your 10,000 is doable, but don't forget about all the extra heat it will put out. And will you have enough power?

I only did a window this year, so yes, my window has 2400 lights in it. I built this thing out of coroplast, so you could do something similar if you like the idea. It's just a grid of lights controlled with LOR, and one pane has a dancing santa and the other has a guy playing guitar. The santa is in the video clip below. (He's at the 2 minute mark and at the very end.)

windowCloseup1.jpgwindowInside1.jpg

You can see higher resolution images and video here. The video is from inside, so you lose some of the lights due to the wiring being in the way. I dropped a copy of the audio on top of the video, so hopefully I did a good job syncing it correctly. I can get you some footage from the outside if you like.

I'll try to dig out a picture of the front for you, but I can't seem to find them on my computer at the moment.

Mike - you have to get video from the front of the window and post it. That looks so cool ! Your mission, should you decide to accept (and you WILL), is to get new video from the outside, and rendezvous back here at oh-nine thirty. Copy that ???

We want more video !

D.T.

DownTown wrote:

Mike - you have to get video from the front of the window and post it. That looks so cool ! Your mission, should you decide to accept (and you WILL), is to get new video from the outside, and rendezvous back here at oh-nine thirty. Copy that ???

We want more video !

D.T.

I'll see if I can't get something when it runs tonight. Probably, a new thread is in order for this.

contactmike1 wrote:

I don't have time to put together a nice show 'n tell post tonight, so I dropped another video in the previous link. When I get a couple of videos done, I'll start a new thread.

Michael,

Excellent work! (I really should have you update your sequence you wrote for Wonderland Christmas. I never got around to updating it.)

When you have a full display, it's going to look wonderful!

contactmike1 wrote:

I don't have time to put together a nice show 'n tell post tonight, so I dropped another video in the previous link. When I get a couple of videos done, I'll start a new thread.

WOW!