Light-O-Rama Forums

my ccr is not working right please help

jafflsports

This is my first ccr and I am having trouble and was hoping someone could help me. I tested the ribbon when I got it a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Today I added it to my network and ran the hardware utility. The hardware utility recognized the ribbon, so I wanted to test it . I went into the test console and turned on the ribbon. When I checked the ribbon, the first half was doing what I asked and the second half was all on with full intensity. I have tried to reset the ccr, and the half will not even shut off! Any ideas?

It is very hard to test a ribbon with the hwu console.
To test it, unplug the power then hold the reset button and plug in the power. If its all good there, the problem is with what you are doing in the hwu.

After that I suggest its easier to test from the sequence editor.

I did the power reset, and the test pattern ran only on the first half while there was no effect on the second half, it just stayed on at full intensity.

I had the exact same result with one of my 3 new CCR's right out of the box. First half worked and the second half was on all white with no control. Plugged ribbon in to the other 2 controllers and all was fine with the ribbon. With much testing and denial, I opened a ticket with LOR. It turned out to be an obvious controller failure. Upon receiving a new controller from LOR, all was fixed.

• The topic was locked