Light-O-Rama Forums

I cannot find 2 controllers on the network

GS

Sorry, repost for subject clarity.

I have 2 - 1602W controllers (4 & 5) that I cannot find on the network.

I see all the controllers on either side of these two. Their LED status lights flash on power up and go solid on conroller search through the hardware utility, but they do not show up on the controller list. Same results when I direct connect to them. When I insert a new controller, no problem (I'm running out of spares:)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Glenn

GS,

If you mean that the HU does not find the controller 4 & 5, then just type in "4" in the box, and turn all of the channels on.

Chances are good that you will see light even though the controller isn't recognized, especially since the controller lights are solid red. This happens.

If you have light via the HU, then check it in the SE. If you have it there, then don't worry about it and play your show.

If you meant something else, please explain further.

Charles

Thanks Charles.

Nothing physically moved since last year, same programming too. (This is my punishment for leaving everything out and connected for a year. Each channel only has 2 LED strings, so I'm not pushing the controller limits.

Controllers 4&5 are not found and the lights do not work in the sequence. All other controllers/lights work fine. I swapped out #4 with a new controller, everything works. I'll swap out #5 tomorrow and spend December probing bad 4&5 on the bench. I was hoping this would be an easy thing to resolve.

Glenn

One of the things you can do with the 1602 series controllers if they have the dials.

You can with power applied manually set the ID. When power is reapplied it wil re-read the switches and you will loose the manually set ID. I believe you can actually install a jumper on the second row of pins on the header and manually set the ID. In this second scenario, you wil be able maintain the set address.

Chuck