Light-O-Rama Forums

Help Me Understand Bug

Guest guest

Help me understand what is happening.. I run CTB-16 controllers for my shows. On my #2 controller Chanel #1 will shut down during part of the show. Because those lights are on a critical spot on a wire frame, I had to fix it. I tried changing the sequence, but it always shut down at the same point in that song and comes back on at the same spot before the song ends. The other songs - no problem. Finally in an attempt to get it going constantly - i moved that line in the sequence to Chanel 15 which was for a different string that I could spare. Now it works fine.

I need to understand what is causing this. Any help?

Thanks...

Option 1) You have two channels configured with the same controller/channel addressing. You are getting conflicting signals sent to the channel. (This is what I would suspect the problem is.)

Option 2) Odd bug in sequence.

Option 3) Bad triac, etc, on controller.

That really sounds like something else is happening in your show editor (background, animation, crazymaker)...

Does it happen when you play the song from the sequence editor?

Charlie

Don wrote:

Option 1) You have two channels configured with the same controller/channel addressing. You are getting conflicting signals sent to the channel. (This is what I would suspect the problem is.)

Option 2) Odd bug in sequence.

Option 3) Bad triac, etc, on controller.

Option 1 - Nope - had already thought of that - verified all channels

Option 2 - the reason I am asking - what could it be

Option 3 - works fine to that point in song - always changes at exactly same point and comes back on at same point - if it was glitchy unlikely it would be so consistant.

Push Eject wrote:

That really sounds like something else is happening in your show editor (background, animation, crazymaker)...

Charlie

nothing else running - no background - no animation

doesn't show up when playing in the editor

I was thinking a conflict would have continued when I changed the channel numbers - switching from channel #1 to channel #15 - but it didn't - everything started working properly

Well, you can try and re-draw that part of the sequence.

The fact that it happens at the same time, though, really points me to the channel issue. (Only because it happened to me.)

If that doesn't solve it, I'd suggest getting it to Dan or John.

Papa-LF wrote:

Rebuild and save your Show with a new name, perhaps, with just that sequence in it... if that works, add more songs and watch for the anomoly.

Charlie

Papa-LF wrote:

Push Eject wrote:

Charlie

nothing else running - no background - no animation

I was thinking a conflict would have continued when I changed the channel numbers - switching from channel #1 to channel #15 - but it didn't - everything started working properly

To reiterate: The sequence plays fine in the Sequence Editor, but doesn't work when played by the Show Player. If you make a show with just that sequence in the musical section, does it play properly with the Show Player? If not, you should send the sequence to us, if yes, we need to determine what other sequence, when added to the show, causes the bad behavior.