Strange show shutdown issue last night

alchrisr01

About 11:30 last night I noticed that some of the lights were still flashing, even though I had set the show to end at 10:30 (I was busy sequencing!). I went down to the show laptop and did a manual shutdown. The LOR status shows this:

10:30:53 Finished show: (name of file)
11:29:47 tm Next Action_Time Error: Object variable or With block variable not set

None of the affected lights were on the same controller. The sequence playing was a particularly busy piece. I have always noticed in the past that the show will do a "graceful" shutdown, meaning that the piece playing will play to completion and the show shuts down. Last year I used a closing sequence and had no issues at all but I have not had the time to get my closing sequence done for this year as yet.

The laptop is an old XP SP2 unit with NO internet connection at all, never, not since I rebuilt it last year. I am running LOR v2.8.12 advanced. This is the first issue I have ever experienced with LOR in three years. We have had no rain until today and expecting three inches or so today and tonight so I don't think moisture is the issue, yet!

Any ideas?

thanks,
Chris

Thanks. Saw another post similar and they did not have the "lights off' box checked and I don't think I do either. I ran a shutdown sequence last night with no issue. I will check my settings when I get home.

When you say you did a "manual shutdown" do you mean that you selected "Shutdown Immediately" (as opposed to "Shutdown Gracefully")? If so, I think the 11:29 message isn't really an issue - I think I've seen that occasionally happen with "Shutdown Immediately", but I don't think it has any ill effects.

Regarding "the lights are flashing": What do you mean by "flashing"? For example, was it acting as if the Twinkle command was in effect, or the Shimmer command, or something else entirely?

If it was Twinkle or Shimmer, and you had those as the final commands, then that's the expected behavior when you don't have "lights off at end" checked.

Thanks for the reply, Bob. The sequence that ended the show that night did have alot of twinkle and shimmer at the end and that is what the lights left on were doing. I did hit the "shutdown immediately" tab to stop what was going on. I am almost sure I unchecked the lights off box, but it will be later this week when I get home to check. I added a shutdown sequence sunday night and left the box checked I think. No issue sunday night.

chris