Light-O-Rama Forums

This noobs first LOR show

Scott Allen

I've been up and running since 7pm Thanksgiving night. So far everyone that has seen it loves it. I have cars slowing down and even stopping to watch for a little bit.

I took a short 20 second teaser with my iPhone of the show filler. When I replace the mini trees i will add videos of the 4 songs that I did this year.

20 Second teaser:

Please tell me what you like/dislike so I can make changes accordingly. I think all of us noobs rely on the experience of the pros here :)

Congrats on your first show! A good indication of what people think of your display is how many brake lights do you notice? The more the better...

As far as what there is to like or dislike about your display, I don't see that as a fair question. Looks like a good setup with lots of potential, but the proof of the pudding is the sequencing. Get those videos posted and then ask again.

You might want to avoid repetitive patterns by breaking things up in your timeline.

Try doing a chase pattern that builds from one end to the other and maybe some longer fadeouts.

Very good start and I hope your visitors enjoy it enough to stop and complement you.

Thanks for the comments so far. George, I will have videos of the 4 songs after I finish making the new trees (see pic).

Ken, thanks for the advice, I have changed the filler to add more spice to it.

I hope to have the videos added before the weekend. On a side note, I remember that some folks had issues with YouTube removing videos with music. Is anyone still having that problem and if so what did you do to work around that?

Thanks again for everything! I love this new addiction :P

Attached files 285733=15820-Red Tree.JPG

I got the trees done and took a video of the 4 shows, but only added Mr. Grinch because the quality is terrible on all of them. This is the best looking quality one. I need to see if I can find someone at work with a better camera, but you guys can get the idea.

Let me know what you all think.

• The topic was locked