Light-O-Rama Forums

Errors running show tonight

caniac

had mine not read the show file last night, tonight it just didn't start, shows nothing on the log just seemed to ignore it. I restarted and it took right off, I was out side about an hour into the show and it was running the end of night sequence, 4 hours early, but it didnt shut
down just went to the first song.

After my first problem I decided to reboot the computer, whenI tried I got a windows message that I did not have permission to shut down this computer, very odd being there is only one user profile and its the admin.

I'm running LOR 3.1.2 , win XP 2 gb ram, 256 channels , no DMX

timmydatoolman wrote:

had mine not read the show file last night, tonight it just didn't start, shows nothing on the log just seemed to ignore it. I restarted and it took right off, I was out side about an hour into the show and it was running the end of night sequence, 4 hours early, but it didnt shut
down just went to the first song.

After my first problem I decided to reboot the computer, whenI tried I got a windows message that I did not have permission to shut down this computer, very odd being there is only one user profile and its the admin.

I'm running LOR 3.1.2 , win XP 2 gb ram, 256 channels , no DMX
had that happen to, only difference for me I have 64 channels

Don wrote:

pixeldigger wrote:
I had this same problem.
I UNINSTALLED LOR, then reinstalled it, and the read errors went away!

For my own clarification, you un-installed 3.1.2, then re-installed 3.1.2?
Yes.
I uninstalled 3.1.2, also deleted the folder (its still there in program files after install) and re installed 3.1.2

No errors, no reboot since Friday Morning.

We have discovered a resource leak in the LOR Control Panel. We are fixing it now, and expect to release a new version (3.1.4) to fix the leak later this afternoon or this evening.

While it's possible that this won't fix everybody's problem - maybe different people are having different problems with similar symptoms - we expect it will at least fix some.

bob wrote:

We have discovered a resource leak in the LOR Control Panel. We are fixing it now, and expect to release a new version (3.1.4) to fix the leak later this afternoon or this evening.

While it's possible that this won't fix everybody's problem - maybe different people are having different problems with similar symptoms - we expect it will at least fix some.
will it address the issues on XP?