Light-O-Rama Forums

Anybody have 128 channel sequences they would be willing to share?

Nismo214

Hi All,

Was hoping someone had some 128 channel sequences they would be willing to share. I have 5 or 6 set up from last year, but would love to be able to have a few new ones this year.

The tough part of looking is finding something with close to the things I have so I can copy paste them around to fit. I have two 16 channel mega trees and a few 8 channel arches, and a 5 star shooting star with strobes at the bottom, everything else is easy to find someplace to fit.

Thanks in advance!!

Craig

PS - I would be willing to buy as an alternative if anyone has any suggestions for decent priced stuff. I have gotten mine previously from Light O Rama and Wowlights.

Denis Chaput wrote:

Have you tried looking here and modifying them to your display,the sequences are free.

http://www.highcountrylights.com/links/free-sequences.html

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the reply. I have been looking through that for days and have found a few that I might be able to make work. It just seems that I am having a hard time finding sequences with things like the mega trees or arches, so I figured I would give it a shot asking here.

I guess next year I will have to start a bit earlier haha. I am planning on spending the time to truly learn how to sequence for next year and hope to be contributing here :)

Craig

Like most of us ,we had to crawl before walking so have patience and work on it when you get a chance.

Denis

• 2 weeks later...

Another "trick" you will find is to take a few sequences of the same song and a lot of the time you will find sections in each different one that may work for your display.
It is tough to adapt some as no two displays are the same
(well unless you want to try and copy Richard Holdmans display, LOL), so we have to make things work for our displays as best we can.
The sequencing of a song from start to finish by ourselves is a daunting task and takes a lot of patience, coffee, and listening to that same song over and over and over and over and _____ . Oh sorry.
After awhile though you will get used to it and you start to see things in your own display that work in certain ways with songs. Then it starts to really get fun to sit down and "make the lights dance to the music", at least to me.

Good luck.
Bill

Donald McBride wrote:

Check out my sequences for 2010, mega tree/spiral tree/ arches.
http://2oldladiesandanoven.com/Downloads.htm
Don

Thanks Donald! Those look like I can use some pieces out of them, I am saving like a madman :)

I also love what you did for the opening, I need to get a little speaking part telling everyone to stay out of the road next year!

Thanks,
Craig

Mwhite7097 wrote:

Any songs in particular?

Not really, although I haven't had any luck with either Frank Sinatra's I wouldn't trade Christmas, or a version of Feliz Navidad that goes longer than a minute.

beeiilll wrote:

Another "trick" you will find is to take a few sequences of the same song and a lot of the time you will find sections in each different one that may work for your display.
It is tough to adapt some as no two displays are the same
(well unless you want to try and copy Richard Holdmans display, LOL), so we have to make things work for our displays as best we can.
The sequencing of a song from start to finish by ourselves is a daunting task and takes a lot of patience, coffee, and listening to that same song over and over and over and over and _____ . Oh sorry.
After awhile though you will get used to it and you start to see things in your own display that work in certain ways with songs. Then it starts to really get fun to sit down and "make the lights dance to the music", at least to me.

Good luck.
Bill

Thanks Bill, using parts of other's sequences is pretty much how I have been doing it so far. I just can't seem to get the hang of getting the beats right on songs to try one from scratch yet. I hope to learn how to do it properly in the coming year. I don't think I am quite ready to try to do a Holdman display just yet, but watching his videos sure are good for inspiration! :cool:

Thanks,
Craig