Light-O-Rama Forums

PROBLEM: 1602w channel not turning during show.

Guest guest

I know it sounds like a problem that others have discussed, but the "5-10 second OO reset" doesn't seem to be correcting my problem.

New 1602W, received right before Thanksgiving.

Unit ID O2 with all the channels working when new, now #6 is not coming on during show(s).

#6 does come on when running the Hardware Utility in all modes of "flicker, on/off, twinkle, etc. Just not when running a show or in the Sequence program.

I have tried to reset the unit by unplugging all network and power connections, then selecting OO and powering up for at least 5 to 10 seconds- then installing the data cables and trying again. I have browsed Planet Christmas and the only solution I found was the reset option. I have done this twice without successful reset of #6.

There seems to be a range of "5 seconds", "10 seconds" and "1 minute" on the whole reset thing so I guess I can try the 1 minute one too. Should the network cables be hooked up and an LOR app be running? When I tried my reset(s), I disconnected everything except the light plugs, and repowered the unit.

I don't have a spare channel to replace #6 so I'm hoping feedback from the group will help and perhaps get to me before LOR does as I'm fighting an east coast time zone vs me on the west coast.

Thanks in advance folks for any help given.

-Doug

Are you sure that you have channel 6 setup correctly in your sequence?

In the sequence editor, open you sequence file, click on channel 6, and choose Change Channel Settings. Verify that it is set for unit 02 and channel 06. It wouldn't hurt to check the other channels and make sure they are set correctly.

I'm postive it's set correctly, but not a bad suggestion.

it was playing properly for several days and then stopped responding so I know it was working and I haven't changed the file(s).

I could check the files to see if they got munged I guess, but I remember moving one line of light commands to #6 to test it and that failed from the editor as well.

I think the unit needs a really good reset and the "OO" isn't doing it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

dslowik wrote:

Are you sure that you have channel 6 setup correctly in your sequence?

This is the tricky part where I look like a doof...

You're absolutely correct and I [bLANKED] Up. I was *so* sure the sequences were right because I hadn't been into them for a couple of weeks. I was so sure I was right I logged in from work just to prove I was right. I went into my last sequence I did this morning and sure enough it was set to channel 5 instead of 6. I looked at my master template and that's what buggered everything up.

I went in week or so ago and standardzied all my sequences by names and such and guess what happend to travel along with the update- a bad channel list. So for that I beg forgiveness from the LOR gods and of course Dan. I will now go slink back into the woodwork.

If somebody had bet me it was a wrong setting, I'da bet a LOT of money it was right. "other people overlook that" Glad nobody bet me! I logged into my display machine from here at work and fixed all the sequences (and of course the template) and now it will play properly before I get home. (Timbuktu is a wonderful app!)

Never overthink a simple problem. I clearly did.

-Doug

webslinger wrote:

This is the tricky part where I look like a doof...

Trust me, I'm familiar with that look. I had one channel that would blink on and off what seemed random earlier year. I looked at my sequence so many times and didn't see anything wrong. It ended up that I had accidentally assigned that channel on two rows and it was trying to send commands from both of them mixed together.