Light-O-Rama Forums

Schedule editor won't save

PMesritz

I am able to run a show on demand and schedule that for later in the day but I can not save the schedule editor itself. It returns an error that says it can not save. I tried reverting it, but it still does not save...

Any thoughts?

PMesritz wrote:

I am able to run a show on demand and schedule that for later in the day but I can not save the schedule editor itself. It returns an error that says it can not save. I tried reverting it, but it still does not save...

Any thoughts?

First thought is a Windows permissions error. Can you tell if it's LOR or Windows reporting that the file can't save. (A screen shot of the error would go a long way on this one.)

(And, off the top of my head, I wouldn't have a recommendation on how to resolve that one.)

Where is your LOR folder?

Is it in MyDocuments? If not sometimes W7 doesn't like unknown programs to mess with files located elsewhere.

Check the file permissions in there. Also W7 likes to make stuff read-only
Check for the existence of the files weeksched.lsc and yearsched.lsc and see if they are read-only.

Take Care
M.

Gah, I hate trying to figure things out when my home Internet access is down and my phone isn't working right. :)

Now...

The folder is actually

C:LightoRama2011

It looks like I'm going to need to reinstall since I searched for .lsc files and there weren't ANY.. Wonder where they went. I'll start with that and let everyone know. :D

Thanks!

If you run the LORDiagnostic program, one of the things it will tell you (near its top) is the "User Data Path". That's the directory that LOR is looking for the schedule files in.

Great. Thank you. We'll be putting LOR on a different machine that we just got specifically for this (rather than using my laptop that we keep moving around anyway) and I'll post again from there if needed.

I appreciate the help!