Light-O-Rama Forums

channels misfiring or not coming on

klomneck

Here is my problem, we started our show last night only to find some channels, specifically three were not coming on. Along with this, two different channels were coming on when they were not supposed to. I pulled up the sequence and double checked the channel assignments and every thing was correct. I then ran the hardware utility and all the channels worked as they should. I also looked out the window to physically see the sequence and the lights to double check that they were not firing when they were suppose to. Also, when I run a sequence on the sequence editor, the lights in the yard come on, it has never done this in years past. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, Kevin

I am posting here as I have a similar situation. I have a few channels firing when they should not, or giving me a different effect that what is programmed. Last night after the show ended, 4 channels remained on in shimmering mode. Closing the program did not turn off the channels. I had to cut power to the controllers to turn them off. All the problem channels are on the same controller. The misfiring occurs sporadically, but generally at the same point in the sequences in question. Not all sequences are effected. Any ideas?

my cat5 runs a midst the power wires and wires from LOR box's to lights. Last year I ran them the same way and there was no problems. I've added 7 of the new CTB 16pc cards this year but my old 16pc's are doing the same thing. Every card is doing the same thing. One or two channels work on some songs but not others.

Dont know if you have seen any of my post. But it seems that with you running your comm cable in midst the power cables. that in the past you had no problem. Now you have more comm cables and more AC wires and it is no longer working.

So, how about trying this. separate the comm cable from any of the AC cables. This is quick and easy and cheap. Got nothing to loose and all to gain. Please come back and let us all know if this worked or not.

Is it possible that you have two or more channels that are both trying to control the same circuit simultaneously? If so, they'll fight over it, and the results probably won't be what you're hoping for.

If you still have the show scheduled, you can check for this problem (and others) using the LOR Verifier.