Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas in Montana

aurickle

Well, Christmas in my little corner of the state, anyway. :)

These are the first two videos I've gotten up for this year. I'll be adding more over the coming week or so. It's going to take a little time for all 15 songs!

Between this year's addition of the mega tree and the two CCR arches, I'm a lot more high tech this year. Putting the snowflakes in the tree definitely seems to have worked out well.

Hope you enjoy it!

Really Nice! I also like the snowflakes in the mega tree. Are those outside the tree or inside? Great effect............................

They're outside. Each is simply zip-tied to a few of the light strands. They help keep the lights in place while also adding a neat effect.

I really like the snowflakes in your tree as well. Very original. :)

Are those snowflakes on the ground around the tree as well?

Those are net lights, actually. I got them last year for on the chain link fence that surrounded my yard. My new home doesn't have that but I thought it would provide a neat effect to use them this way. Especially once there's an inch or two of snow on the ground.

Well done setup.:) You might be disappointed with the snow cover, lights won't shine through more than a couple inches. I thought a couple years ago lights would make the snow glow, it blocks the light more than anything. Ice is much better to make it glow.

• The topic was locked